❝Fifty-first❞

"D-Daddy..." cried Jungkook as he pressed himself a little harder into Taehyung's chest.

The man welcomed him, wrapping his arms around him more tightly and surrounding him with a reassuring aura.

"Shh, it's all right, my little baby..." Taehyung whispered, kissing him tenderly.

Jungkook had been bursting into tears in his arms for a good ten minutes now. It had to be said that he'd literally been under stress all day, already imagining what his horrible life would be like without Taehyung. The emotional lift had been too much for him.

Seeing that the boy wasn't going to calm down any time soon, he took it upon himself to carry him, the boy immediately wrapping his legs around his waist and clinging to his neck. Taehyung walked wordlessly towards their bedroom, constantly stroking his back to soothe his crying.

When they reached the bedroom, Taehyung laid him gently on the mattress, but just as he was starting to pull away, Jungkook suddenly grabbed him, preventing him from moving away.

"No, please, don't go..."

Taehyung gave him the most reassuring smile he could muster, stroking his cheek tenderly, his eyes full of love.

"Darling, I'm not going anywhere... Look, I'm staying with you, I'm not moving..."

Jungkook stared at him sceptically at first, then slowly let go. Taehyung gave him a congratulatory kiss and helped him to lie down comfortably, stripping off most of his clothes, before settling down and immediately taking him back into his arms.

"See? Everything's fine, sweetheart..."

Jungkook nodded slowly, his eyelids heavy. The pressure was beginning to ease and it wouldn't be long before his mind drifted off into a deep sleep. Taehyung had noticed this, and simply hoped that these few hours of sleep would allow him to regain some of his strength. Because he hated to see his baby so weak, who was usually so energetic and full of life that the old man in him often found it hard to keep up!

But Jungkook seemed to want to resist, forcing himself to keep his eyes open and focused on Taehyung, as if he was afraid he would disappear if he slept for even a second. To encourage him to give in, Taehyung leaned over and kissed his eyelids, forcing him to close them.

"Get some sleep, kitten..."

"But..."

"Shh, I'll still be here when you wake up, I promise."

Jungkook wanted to protest at first, but Taehyung kept kissing him until he heard little snores, a sign that the teenager had fallen asleep. Taehyung sighed with relief and moved aside to grab his mobile phone. He quickly dialled a number, then called him. He waited a few rings before his correspondent answered.

"Taehyungie?"

"Hi, Hobi Hyung..."

"Is everything all right? You don't sound well..."

"It's a bit complicated, but I'll explain everything in detail tomorrow, I promise. In the meantime, could you do something for me? Tell me honestly if you can't..."

"What? No, of course I can! What do you need?"

Taehyung ran his tongue over his lip, his eyes suddenly dark, anger coursing through his veins.

"I need you to do some research for me."

***

"Is it really here?" Taehyung asked sceptically.

Hoseok checked the address on his mobile again, before nodding with the same mistrust.

"Yes, there's no doubt about it."