3

They landed in Jakarta at exactly five in the evening and were currently sitting in the hotel lobby.

Mark and the manager were talking with the receptionists, and by the looks of it, they both looked utterly pissed.

Jaemin sighed, something was definitely wrong. But he diverted his attention from them. He already had enough on his plate.

Also, Mark and the manager were completely capable of sorting out the problem without any of his help. The same couldn't be said about Jaemin's crisis though.

The crisis being the proximity between the other two Lees.

Jaemin was sitting on the couch with Renjun and Maknaes. Whereas Haechan and Jeno were standing beside them by the wall, looking at something on Haechan's iPad.

Jaemin gritted his teeth and let his eyes drag over the lobby instead.

It was royally decorated and brilliantly illuminated by lights. The beautiful vases placed in every corner gave it a very grand and sophisticated look.

But even the beauty of the hallway wasn't enough to distract him from the blatant show of intimacy between Jeno and Haechan.

He saw with bated breath as Jeno delicately wrapped his palm over Haechan's arm and pulled him close-so that he would not get in the way of the bell boys who were trying to move around.

Haechan, pliantly went ahead and crowded Jeno's space, his head still bowed and eyes concentrated on the screen.

Jaemin saw how Jeno gleamed, satisfied.

And it felt like someone had wrenched his heart out of his chest and stomped on it.

Instead of looking away, Jaemin let himself stare at them, how they shared smiles after seeing something funny, or how their eyebrows scrunched at something intriguing.

The envy, he felt was almost laughable if not pitiful.

It was kind of pathetic how Jaemin was willing to trade his whole world to be at Hyuck's place. And honestly, Jaemin couldn't find it in himself to care if he looked pathetic.

His palm tightened in a fist-as he forced himself to stay put and not shove Haechan away from Jeno or shove himself in between them.

He tried to calm his breathing-the more he stared at them- and bit the inside of his cheek to compose himself, there was no need to create unnecessary drama here.

Renjun groaned from beside him, "Ah! What's taking them so long?! My head is spinning! Ugh!"

Jaemin flinched a little, he felt bad for Renjun, who always suffered the most severe jet lag among them.

He tried to console him but his throat felt scratchy. With furrowed brows, he cleared it, in hopes of getting his voice back, but when he spoke,

"Renjun-ah..." It sounded all gruffly.

Heads turned towards him, concerned.

"Hyung?" Jisung asked, "Are you okay?"

"Did you catch a cold, Jaemin-ah?" Renjun inquired, a frown gracing his delicate features.