Chapter 11

Once you two made it to the top of the tower, Bruno let you off of his back. Of course, no one, no matter how strong, could survive a walk like that with a whole human on their back and in one piece, meaning as soon as your feet touched the ground, Bruno doubled over to catch his breath. "Are you okay?" You asked with a nervous laugh. He nodded, giving you a thumbs up before starting to make his way to the bridge.

"Used to the climb," He explained. "Not used to carrying another person up the climb." He wheezed out as you followed him.

"Sorry..." You mutter, wishing you'd thought better of the situation.

"No, no, it's fine!" He quickly assured you, facing you with alarm on his face. "It was fun! I just needed to catch my breath." He said with a sheepish laugh. The two of you cross the bridge, your hands immediately clinging to the rope sidings as it wobbled under the weight of the two of you. Bruno made his way into the doorway leading into a dark room.

You followed and looked around the small, circular room that you assumed was his vision cave. He took a seat in the center of the room, watching you carefully as you looked around with amazement, as if he were gauging your reaction. "It's so cool in here!" You exclaim, making him smile softly. He patted the ground in front of him, "Sit," He insisted and you sat, cross-legged across from him, mimicking his posture. Sand circled the two of you, making you tilt your head with curiosity for a moment before he cleared his throat, gaining your attention.

He held out his hands, palms upward, with the intent to have you take them. You hesitated for a moment, cheeks painted a dusty pink color as you gently placed your hands into his. He drew back for a moment, looking at you with worried eyes. "Um, just a warning– I can't control what your future is, don't be upset if something bad is shown..." He muttered before taking your hands again. "Now, what is it that you inquire?" He asked in a mock-spooky voice, earning a slight laugh from you.

A dopey grin danced on his face as you put some thought into it. "Erm...I wanna see what it'll look like when I finally meet my true love." You grinned, half-heartedly joking. Bruno's grin seemed to falter for a moment before he nodded. He took a deep inhale, closed his eyes, and hung his head down. You peered at him curiously before he looked back at you. You hardly noticed the sand starting to encircle the two of you until his eyes began glowing a brilliant emerald color. It was almost frightening, but as the sand spun around, the walls started to glow a similar color to his eyes, illuminating the cave entirely. You looked around in wonder. Bruno watched you with a soft smile on his face, but something caught his attention and confusion crossed his expression.

You noted it and tilted your head, "What's wrong?" You questioned.

"Nothing's...There's– There's supposed to be...visions of your future showing up in the sand, I..."

You followed his gaze as he looked around at the swirling sand, taking no form but that of its own, sand-y configuration.

Bruno took his hands from yours and in almost an instant the sand dropped around you two, the cave losing its lighting as well as his eyes. Disappointment was evident on your face as he looked at you in the now dimly lit cave. "Does that happen often?" You questioned and he shook his head.

"I- No. That's never happened." He stood up, exiting the cave and you couldn't help but follow suit. He paced down the stairs, making you rush to try and keep up. "Perhaps- ah, perhaps I couldn't grant you a vision because it may have...already happened?" He suggested, casting a glance up at you from several stairs below.

That was an interesting theory, but you paused to think about what it could've meant. You didn't know a lot of people, let alone anyone it could've been. You meant the true love part as a joke, but if it's someone you'd already met, you had to figure out who it was. "That kinda makes sense...I guess." You mutter in response as you follow him down the relentless flight of stairs, trying not to lose your breath. "I do only have future vision, not past vision, after all." He stated simply.

He went on to ramble about something but you were stuck in your own thoughts. Who could this true love be? You didn't have many friends to speak of. Just Bruno, Lucía, maybe one or two other shop-owners in town- suddenly you stopped. Bruno...? It couldn't be. Maybe...?
"-But that's just silly, right?" Bruno chuckled, pulling you from your thoughts.

"Huh...?" You drew your attention back to him. He paused for a moment before shaking his head dismissively.

"Nothing, nothing." He sighed before continuing his way down the stairs.

The walk down was silent and tiring, making your legs ache just from the simple journey down. Once you two reached the bottom, he stopped at the door leading to the rest of the casita. Suddenly he stopped, looking back at you with this...look in his eyes that you couldn't quite place. "Can I...bring up this completely hypothetical idea?" He questioned, eyes darting to lock with yours for a moment before casting his gaze down towards his hands.

"Go for it," You hummed in response, tilting your head slightly with interest. "What if...it's me?" He questioned softly. A rosy blush crept onto your cheeks at the implication. You took a deep breath before responding. "Do you think it could be?" You questioned with sincerity, heart practically beating out of your chest. He took a moment to consider his words carefully. "Do you...want it to be?" He asked, a tone of shakiness present in his voice as he spoke slowly.

You froze. This was really happening. This was really happening. He watched you carefully as you considered a response, but a thousand thoughts flooding through your head made it hard to concentrate on a reply. "I..." You trailed off, locking eyes with him for several seconds before his eyebrows knit together. Deeply sighing, he turned away. "Sorry...That...I don't know why I said that." He muttered before opening the wooden door, light flooding in from the rest of the house.

Without a moment's hesitation, you took a step towards him and grabbed his hand, making his eyes widen as he turned back to face you. "I think I'd like to give it a shot," You uttered, heart pounding in your ears as you looked at him with such intense sincerity that it almost made him pull back in shock.

"Really...?" He breathed out in disbelief, making you slowly nod.

What occurred next made your stomach do flips in panic and fluster as butterflies tried their damndest to escape your gut, fluttering heavily as he pressed his lips against yours.

It was almost magical, the feeling of his soft lips on your own. Your eyes fluttered shut as his hand found your hip, resting gently there before he pulled away, mouth slightly agape as he stared into your eyes. "I...have been waiting for you to say that..." He admitted as he blushed.

You shakily exhaled, a grin forming on your face as you tried to contain the urge to scream out in joy. "So...are we...official?" You asked hopefully as his grin matched yours. He nodded with glee. "Sure," He said softly as he took your hand, pulling it up to kiss it gently. "You will not regret it." He assured before turning to leave the room, you following suit. 

//

A/N.

//

So funny story guys.

I got sent to a psychward in february and dropped out of school completely, started filming a webseries project, got a new job makin' me work like 6 days a week (im gonna off myself if that doesnt change soon) and haven't had the time nor patience to write anything.

So boom, kiss scene. i would promise a reasonable update time for next chapter but you and i both know im gonna disappear off the face of the earth for several more months before you get that.

I'm certainly open to suggestions or headcanons you may have, stuff you wanna see in future chapters. Don't worry, bruno will get to yandere-ing more soon. Now that he actually has reader, he's gonna get significantly more creepy.