CHAPTER 1

Soul was done for

Soul was done for.

As his clasped hands shook in fright, the rest of his pack gathered in the small inn. Everybody but him had positioned themselves very close to the door, just in case they need to flee out.

The raging alpha stood behind a desk with the frightened beta in front, his dark eyes sending daggers at the latter, who had only started to regret his earlier actions now.

"Please elaborate." He asked, his deep voice almost making the culprit whimper. Soul hated this moment from the bottom of his heart.

"What exactly were you thinking?" Soul gulped. Clearly, he wasn't thinking. His pack, just as nervous, stood silently behind him. Though they wanted to help their beta, they dared not raise questions against their alpha.

"I w-wasn't thinking." His voice shook, eyes falling to his feet. There was no escape.

The beta had gotten into a fight earlier, with a customer in their restaurant. That wasn't the issue, though. But as the argument progressed, Soul continued to get angrier and like any other wolf, his eyes flashed a dark red colour, which was the beginning of all the chaos.

"What are you going to do about this now?" He closed his eyes. He couldn't revive the chaos he had caused. It was he who made the grave mistake of letting his powers take control over him.

The Ophelia Pack, better known as the Ophelia Venery team, was one of the most popular wolf-hunting teams in the entire town of Hilstade Vinon.

Though their wardrobe is filled with fancy, expensive war accessories, there lies something hidden from the entire town.

A lie that can alter the lives of the citizens of Hilstade.

They kill their own kind.

The team consists of seven boys. While most of the members are betas, the second oldest is the alpha and the two youngest, are the gammas.

The alpha is called Scar. It's not his real name. He is only called so because of the huge scar that runs from the top of his forehead, passing down his left eye and all the way down to his chin. It is a scar nobody knows where he got from. His real name is just as much of a mystery.

"You know the Silver-Moon pack was at our doorstep just an hour ago." He continues with his vicious voice. The Silver-Moon pack was another of the greatest wolf-hunting teams and they added and trained new members every now and then. It's almost impossible for a wolf to escape once the Silver-Moon pack gets a hold of it.

"You could have lost your life if you get caught by them." Scar's voice trails off as he says that, realizing he could've lost an important member of the team.

"Please, for the love of God, be careful." He says and removes his eyes from Soul, staring at the floor as he walks out, his black leather shoes tapping the marble-floor in rhythmically.

The rest of the team looks at each other awkwardly. It was not the first time one of them got in trouble, but this one, however, had caused a great deal of chaos.

"Soul." The oldest beta, Leo called his name. The address was frozen at his place, eyes still fixed on the floor, relenting on what he had done.

"It will be fine." That was all the beta could say. He knew it would be hard to fix, but he can't let another beta of his own pack be resented. Soul picked his head up and sighed, turning to his team.

"What can I do? It's not like I can use hypnosis on every pupil of the town." His voice sounds regretful and irritated at the same time.

"The powers are new to you. It's okay. We'll figure something out."

He patted the beta's arm. Soul's wolf has a special power of hypnosis. He can control the minds of humans. But how many can he manipulate? It's almost the entire town that is talking about him.

Soul nods. Sure they will have to figure something out. He eyes the wardrobe, which contained their weapons. There were guns as big as themselves. Arrows were sharpened and the bows were polished, news strings fitted on them every now and then to ensure they work well when needed. The spears were shiny enough to reflect the guilt on his face.

Along that lay a large bottle of wolfsbane and silver chains. He felt himself shiver when he remembered what they are for. He sees his team members more than often, slaughter wolves with those weapons, coated with wolfsbane, so they can't escape, sometimes, even chaining them up to a tree while they torture the weakened wolves to death.

He hates it.

But he hates the wolves even more.

And he hates the fact that he is one of their kind.

Their oldest beta took over the situation, talking to social servers about the issue, convincing them that there was nothing to be worried about and that it might have been a mistake of the customer.

They had earlier tampered with the CCTV footage and made sure Soul's eyes did not appear to flash red. The social servers were enough of a fool to believe them and let them go.

Soul was ashamed enough for having his elders lie for him, but his two younger ones were quick to comfort him, or at least they tried to. There was still guilt decorating his sophisticated features.

"Go back home. Close all the windows and pull in all the curtains. The Silver-Moon pack is still out there hunting for you."

Peinne says as he hands him some clothes to disguise himself before he leaves. He puts on a hat and a pair of sunglasses, along with a black mask to hide the emotions that were evidently visible from his expression.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry. I just..." His voice trails off while trying to find an excuse. He sighs when he realizes he has none. He messed up for real this time. Peinne gives him a grin and pats his shoulder.

"All is forgiven. Leave this to us and we'll definitely figure something out." He returns the contagious smile and excuses himself as he starts to walk out of the inn.

As he played with his car keys absent-mindedly and whistled his way towards his car, there remained a pair of grey eyes locked on him.

The eyes glanced at Soul's black SUV and then at the lighted cigarette its owner was holding. He suddenly dropped to cigarette, stepping on it and crushing it with the sole of his boots, while still eying Soul as he started the car engine. A dirty smirk made its way up his lips as he dropped his eyes to the now-crushed cigarette again.

"Oh, how I wish it will be you someday."

-----

-----

(A/N)

Please note that I will mostly not be able to post, especially in the next two months. I'll have to reduce my screen time now as I have to focus on my studies. But I'll try to write new chapters whenever I have time.