CHAPTER 4

Lansyl MetaMart, Golf-street

"The wolf had invaded the supermarket, hunting for human blood. Rescuers and wolf hunters are trying their best to capture the wolf, but nothing seems to work. It had already taken the lives of twenty people and it's still hunting for more. MEGA NEWS says that the wolf is now—"

"Ah, these little menaces."

He took a sip of his tea from a small cup. The news reporter went on and on about possible events that might take place if the wolf isn't caught. She showed some videos, collected by people before the beast devoured them. Cries of women were heard, and children screamed and ran. Men tried to be bold, but they were defenceless.

The more he watched the news, the more the smirk grew on his face. His assistant came into the room, wearing a kimono and holding a wooden tray in her hands. A bowl of hot, steaming ramen laid on the tray.

"Sir."

She called out in a sing-song tone and kneeled, hands forwarding the tray to her boss.

He plucked his soldier hat down the fixed the collar of his long coat. His eyes remained hidden and his hands were gloved. He picked up the bowl and the girl stood up on her feet, bowed deeply and left.

He turned his attention back to the TV.

"Now all our hopes and expectation had been turned towards our two greatest of all, our saviour. The ones who had saved the world before. Will they come to save us yet again?"

He started to laugh. And continued laughing, louder and louder. He dropped the bowl on the centre table and stood up, head over heels with happiness.

"Scar, my child, my child."

He said out loud.

"Go on my child, show me what you've got."

*******

It was a disaster, to say the least. The first thing they saw on reaching the market was a severed head with your monstrous visage. Zen kicked it aside, the rest of its body nowhere to be seen.

Everything was painted red and smelled horrible.

Aarons found himself shaking. It was his first time in a while and he saw blood.

Blood.

During the Blood-Moon phase.

Hunger seized him. The sight of dead people, torn flesh and blood, was too much. The smell of metal, he could only see red. He couldn't let people know their secret. But the urge was too much to resist.

And no, he wasn't hungry for blood.

He was desperate to hunt.

"Zen."

The address stopped in his tract, eyes widening. He looked behind, at the owner of the voice. The rest of the team moved forward, completely oblivious of the two.

Aaros had used telekinesis. Only Zen has the power to connect to him.

Aarons rarely uses telekinesis.

Unless his wolf wants to break out.

Zen heaved a sigh and turned to the latter. Aaros had to clench his fists, to keep his purring wolf calm. Zen looked unfazed as he approached his teammate. His hands grabbed Aaros's shoulders, eyes matching his level.

"Look at me."

He said to the boy through telekinesis. Aaros hesitated but trusted his co-leader. Whenever he felt helpless and Scar wasn't there, the co-leader was. Moreover, he knew what Zen was about to do.

As soon as his eyes met Zen's, a bright flash occurred, almost blinding the boy. He squinted his eyes, feeling heat spread all over his body. Zen's hands still lay on his shoulders. The ground beneath his feet began to disappear.

For a second, he felt scared, though this had happened before.

Zen's hands slipped away from his shoulders. The warm sensation was gone. Noise filled his ears. The noise of wails, screams of misery.

He opened his eyes. There was no blood, but everything was destroyed, crushed to dust. He didn't see his team, but only people with teary faces shielding themselves with whatever object they found. There were huge scratches of claws everywhere. His wolf calmed down a bit, sending its owner the signal that it would do fine.

Aaros reached his quiver for an arrow, eyes roaming around the entire room. Zen walked forward cautiously, lightening the sound of his steps. A little girl, no more than six years old, sat in the corner with her legs folded and palms in her eyes, wailing loudly.

Aaros kneels in front of her, smiling widely.

"Where's your mother, little girl?"

The girl just wailed louder in response. Aaros stares at her for a while, before picking her up and sprinting down the stairs of the supermarket.

"You'll be fine."

He said, panting.

"We're here to save you all."

He said, the kid too engrossed in crying. Soon, he was in the basement. It was filled with goods. The wolf hadn't visited the place yet.

He placed the kid on top of a wooden box and wiped her face with his hands. As her wails dropped down to hiccups, she finally stared at the boy with her huge, Bambi eyes.

"You're cute."

Aaros laughed, tickling her sides. The girl giggled at the feeling, her fear long gone.

"Aaros! We need you here!"

Zen's voice appeared in his head all of a sudden. He pats the kid's head and stands up.

"I'll come back with your mother in a minute, okay? Stay here till then."

She nodded obediently, swinging he legs.

Aaros locked her inside the basement, and hug a silver chain on the door knob. He knew that silver hurt wolves. He believed the wolf couldn't break through and hurt the little girl.

He hoped for the best and followed Zen's voice.

(A/N)

Sorry for short chapters. I'm just to eager to write down the main plot but I'm not sure how to connect the dots till then hehe-

Anyways, here's a double update! I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for your time!

I love you all!