CHAPTER 2

By the time Ophelia Venery pack had put on the 'Closed' sign on the door of their restaurant, black, doleful clouds had started to roll in

The others had pulled on their disguises and started walking towards their own car. Small drops of water started to pierce through those clouds and made their way down the surface of the earth, giving it's surface patterns which look like freckles on skin.

Since Soul had taken one of the SUVs with himself, the boys had to squeeze in together inside the remaining one.

"I don't know what to do with that kid anymore."

Scar mumbled, rotating the steering wheel. The rest of the team sat in silence. They knew of the frustration of their leader. Initially, he was mad. Scar was ready to explode at the poor boy, but the rest of the team held him back, giving him some time to think.

When he called the said boy inside his office, he could see the regret in the boy's eyes and his heart had eased up a bit. Instead, worry filled him.

What if one of the customers was a hunter?

He would've been shot dead right away. He didn't want to scare his gamma more. Instead, he started to plan on teaching him how to control his powers.

He gazed at the ring that shined brightly on his ring finger. It was a sign of his dominance. His leadership. On it was etched beautifully an 'S' for his name. 'S' was also the initial for Soul, though it was not his real name. The ring he'd importance to him, not because it showed his power over the group, but because he believed it to be an antique reminiscence of a lost relationship.

He parked the car inside the garage of their huge mansion. His team leapt out of the car and followed behind him.

Pushing open the huge leaden door, they were welcome by nothing but dark and silence. It was not unusual, for every room in the mansion was sound proof. Leo turned on all the lights, instantly noticing the small latch on the door to the basement. It was clear where their gamma was.

"I'll follow."

Peirce said and walked towards the staircase. Unlike the polished, dust-free walls of the mansion, the stair case was rather untidy, a dark shade of grey— a reminiscence of their colourless life.

The sounds of his shoes getting louder was an indication of his surroundings getting quieter, until he reached wooden  door. It was not a lot of times that they found themselves in that room, but it held a special place in Soul's heart.

"Go away, Pierce."

A soft, yet stern voice spoke up as he pushed the door open. Soul was there, out of his disguise and dressed in a casual blue and oversized shirt whose hem was hugged inside his white trousers.

That sight hurt.

At that time, Soul was nothing like the boy he pretended to be. Before Peirce, was standing that eight-year old boy who loved to love, the boy who was everyone's reason to smile.

But he was also the boy who was forced to hold a gun at the age the nine. The boy who was forced to kill, forced to hate, forced into a loathsome world where angels like him were destroyed.

Soul raised his golden bow, then shot an arrow right through the centre of his target—a cardboard cutout of a person. He reached his hand behind his back to pull out another arrow from his quiver but Pierce stopped him.

"Penetrating arrows through pieces of cardboard won't let you get rid of guilt."

Peirce stated. Soul sighed. He hated how true it was. The heaviness still ruled his heart and reminded him of his recklessness. He dropped his bow to the table beside him. Aaros had entered the room by that time.

"Soul."

He called him, holding out a tape in his hand.

"Zen and Leo worked on tampering with this tape. They had removed any evidence that could've proved you to be a werewolf."

He pulled out another tape.

"This is the real one."

He dropped the tape and snickered at Soul.

"Destroy it."

With a smirk, Soul stomped on the tape, digging his heel into it till he heard a crack. He kicked aside the broken pieces of the tape, Aaros giggling mischievously.

Soul pushed the real tape onto Peirce's hand and followed Aaros, who had ran out of the basement for a childish play. Peirce stood still, staring at the door till the noises of the latter's laughter ceased to exist, then looked at the tape in his hand. A small smile appeared on his lips.

"I missed you, Soul."

******

"I got it!"

Soul giggled as he picked up the apple that fell from the tree— the impact of his almost perfect slingshot skills.

Aaros gestured him to throw at him, holding out his basket so the fruit would fall in it. He complied.

"Soul?"

A loud, stern voice came. It quietened the boys immediately. The kept close to each other, waiting for a voice to come again.

"Aaros!"

There it came again, but louder. Scar and Peinne emerged from the bushes, the younger two bursting into laughter when they realized they've been caught.

"Why are you wasting the apples?! Didn't we tell you to-Hey! Get back here, you thieves!"

Scar yelled, running behind the boys. Peinne just stood leaning against a tree, a soft smile dancing in his lips as he watched his teammates disappear into the woods.

He had similar thoughts as Peinne.

"I'll make sure you could smile like this everyday, I promise."