[04] Familiar Faces

Lucas, his friend Nathan and Nathan's twin sister, Natalia, sat on a bench in front of their school, waiting for their rides home.

"Kiss my ass." Leon's voice said from the other end of the line before he hung up. Lucas turned to his friends.

"Nate? Can I come over? My brother's car has a flat tire and he'll be late as hell. He told me to go home with you." Lucas asked right as a black Porsche stopped in front of the three. Lucas' eyes widened at the sight. "Holy... You didn't tell me you're loaded!"

"I mean, yeah. My moms are kind of rich. And sure, my brother will understand." Nate shrugged, motioning for Lucas to follow him towards the car.

"I call shotgun!" Natalia yelled as if claiming her property, and Nate rolled his eyes. She got comfy in the front seat and buckled herself up, the two boys doing the same in the back.

"Hey, Jayce," Nate greeted, rolling down his window and sighing as the air hit his face. He noticed Jayce raising his eyebrow through the rear view mirror, his eyes shifting to the boy sat next to his younger brother. "Oh, this is my friend Lucas. He's coming over today."

"Mom wouldn't allow it without her permission." Jayce mentioned, although still starting the car and retreating out of the car park.

"She has to! Lucas' brother's car has a flat tire so he can't pick him up." Nate defended and Jayce simply nodded. Lucas leaned against the car door, gazing out the window, and Jayce couldn't help but notice how familiar Lucas looked. He couldn't pinpoint where he'd seen Lucas' face before, but he knew his eyes weren't mistaken.

The car came to a halt in front of a tall modern building, and Lucas couldn't believe his eyes.

"You live here?" He all but gasped as he unbuckled his seatbelt and jumped out the car. Jayce subtly narrowed his eyes when he'd took in Lucas' British accent, although his brain just wasn't taking the hint. When everyone was out, Jayce locked his car and Nate turned to Lucas.

"It's a bit much for a family of six, but, yeah."

As the four entered the building, Lucas and Nate went up to Nate's room while Natalia went out to play with their neighbour's daughter.

"This place is so cool. You lot make me feel poor." Lucas breathed as he and Nate flopped onto Nate's bed. Nate's room was huge, with his own walk in closet and bathroom.

"It's okay. I don't think you're poor. I wanna go to your house one day too," Nate assured his friend, draping his arm around Lucas' shoulder.

Lucas and Nate were quite close, even despite only knowing each other for just under half a year. They'd met in school, where Nate was seen as popular. Nate was a bubbly and pure young boy, and seeing Lucas alone for the first few days in school made him upset.

So, he'd approached Lucas and asked to be friends, completely abandoning the popularity he never even gave a damn about. Lucas was difficult at first, but as time went on, he grew comfortable around Nate, and they've been best friends ever since.

"How old is your brother?" Lucas questioned, leaning into Nate's comforting embrace.

"He's sixteen. He goes to KnightsBridge. Well, he did." Nate answered right as his door slowly opened to reveal Jayce. The two never sprung apart from their position, simply looking up at Jayce, who had his eyebrow raised in question.

"Come on you two, enough smooching and come downstairs. I made something to eat." Jayce said with a smirk as he watched his brother's face flush. Lucas turned to face his friend with a grin at his reaction.

"We're not... huh—what?" He stumbled with his words. Jayce simply departed the room and yet again, left the two alone.

Downstairs, Natalia bid farewell to her friend and sat at the dining table where Jayce set out some plates.