Chapter 4: Union

Khaleesi slept until she was woken by Evelyn. "Good Morning Princess!" She said excitedly. She opened the curtains and the morning sun had not even risen. "Why must we start so early?" The young woman asked. "It is an important day. With important traditions and because of which, we have to start early." Evelyn reasoned.

The princess sighed. The warm covers were pulled off of her and she was ushered out of bed. Khaleesi did a few stretches before Evelyn guided her to where she needed to strip for my bath. She did so as Evelyn made sure it wasn't too hot or too cold. Khaleesi was then submerged into the liquid.

A comfortable sigh left the bride's lips as her muscles relaxed. The door to the room opened and Khaleesi tried to sink beneath the water. "It is just more handmaidens, Princess." Evelyn said. Looking at all of them she came back out, they all curtsey to her. "Why so many?" The princess asked. "They are here to prepare you. They have also brought breakfast." Evelyn told.

She cleaned the girl some more before Khaleesi was instructed to get out. She was wrapped in towels and then taken to her vanity. Where her makeup usually is, was her breakfast. She sat and Evelyn and the other woman did her hair for the day. They were drying and brushing. Letting the curls dry a bit before tying them up. Khaleesi tried to eat, but with them pulling so harshly, she couldn't.

Eventually, the girls were done with hair, and the breakfast was moved and Khaleesi was stood up. She went to where she was told, stepping up onto a podium as the towel was stripped, and then she was dressed. First was the bra and briefs. Next was the plain underlayer dress. Then was the dress itself. It was beautiful, and incorporated both wedding parties.

The dress had long sleeves that draped, in honor of the cold in the northern mountains. The inside was a silvery pale blue, the North's color. Although it was only October, and still a bit hot on some days, winter was approaching. Then it was the ivory color of the main dress, with a gold bodice piece. It was sown into the bodice of the actual dress, it had wings on the front of her shoulder.

The dress was fitted tightly till it hit her hips, when it draped off. The lace for the corset was pulled tightly and Khaleesi felt like it was sucking all of the air out of her lungs. She gasped for air and leaned over a bit, stedding herself on the windowsill. Then when she looked out and saw the morning sun was rising, it illuminated her soon to be husband. He was out swinging his sword around, sparring with a trainer.

She was pushed to stand up straight again. Well doing so the maids helped placing jewelry on the bride. Then she was brought over to her vanity again. Once she was sat again the makeup was applied by the working woman. Once done they all stood back. Evelyn looked her over.

"Something borrowed?" She asked one girl stepped forward. "The necklace is the princesses mothers. Her King shipped it out for her to wear." She said, then stepping back. "Something blue?" Evelyn asked. The second girl stepped forward and spoke. "In the hair are Forget me not." She too stepped back.

"Something old? The earrings, its traditions that girls marrying into the royal family wear them. They are as old as this nation." Evelyn answered herself. "Something new?" She asked. The final girl walked forward. "The bracelets on each wrist were made yesterday, by her soon to be husband." She said, the Princess looked at them. They felt like handcuffs now.

"My lady? Are you alright?" Evelyn pulled her out of the trance. She looked up to her. "Yes, I am." she said with a small smile. Evelyn nodded, then spoke. "This will be the last time we see each other." Khaleesi looked at her confused. But Evelyn explained. "When you marry. You will lose the title of Princess of the North. That was who I was ordered to serve, by the Queen. But after today, you will become, Khaleesi, Lady of the South."