Chapter 5: Prayers

Khaleesi woke up that morning to her husband still sleeping next to her. She woke up in that bliss for the next 2 moons. The bliss couldn't last forever though.It started with an urgent letter from Aemond’s army that something had been spotted north of the city, and Aemond was pulled away from his wife.

When Aemond returned, a moon after he left, he was different. More cold to Khaleesi, and just as when he was gone, she continued to wake up alone. She continued to be pushed off by her husband, who was always too busy with his armies. Today was no different; Khaleesi was prepared to have a normal day or as normal as it had been.

For the most part, it had been. She had slept in much later than normal. Yet she was just as tired. She called for her handmadiens and listened to their lively conversation. That's when a sharpe pain shot through her breasts.  Khaleesi let out a quick gasph, and the three ladies turned to their Lady. “Are you alright, Khaleesi?” Nava asked, putting her hand on Khaleesi’s shoulder.

“Yes, I'm alright. Just sharpe woman pain.” Khaleesi said with a laugh. Aurora put down the dress that Khaleesi would wear today. “Have you bleed yet this moon, Khaleesi? Or the last?” Aurora asked, Khaleesi looked up, knowing what she was insisting. “I haven't, but I am sure it will come soon.” She tried to reason. “Of course. Here let’s dress you now.” Aurora said, changing the subject. Khaleesi went along with it.

Then, I went along regularly with her day. After lunch, she decided to go see her husband. He was most likely sparring, so that is where she went first. When arriving at the sparring pit, she stopped to see if she could spot her husband. Sure enough, he was talking to a Blacksmith about what appeared to be his aurmor. Khaleesi quickly picked her dress up and walked over to where her husband stood.

Khaleesi focused every attention to her husband. When she final approached him, he paid her no mind. “My Lady.” The blacksmith said with a bow. “Good day.” She said with a smile. “Hello Aemond.” She said to him, yet he did not look at her when he spoke, “Hello wife.”

“I need to speak with you. Alone.” Khaleesi said firmly. “I am busy, can it wait?” He asked, still not looking at her. “No, it is important.” Khaleesi urged. “I am busy now, wife.” He told her as he watched the blacksmith fix a dent in his aurmor. “Aemond.” Khaleesi voice was hushed. Aemond let out a sigh, “Fine, I will be done in a bit. You can wait for me in our chambers.” Aemond said. He finally turned his attention to his wife.

“Go.” He said coldly. Khaleesi felt her heart brake at his cold tone, but, nonetheless, she did. Falling in love with Aemond was easy. It was as easy as breathing. He was a gentleman. Strong, intelligent, and handsome. Everything one would want in a husband, Aemond possessed. So no, falling for Aemond wasnt hard.

Continuing to love him, however, was like breathing in the cold morning air, painful. Khaleesi could feel her chest tighten every time he resisted her attempts to show him how she loved him. Whether it was the many times he pulled away from her hand or even refused to look at her. Just like your lungs craved air, Khaleesi craved Aemonds touch.

When Khaleesi returned to her room, she was not alone. The Queen was there, as well as a matron. “My Queen.” Khaleesi said with a curtsie. “Oh, my dear, Aurora told me that she thinks you're with child.” The Queen said, walking to Khaleesi with a smile and wide arms. The two women hugged, and once they were borken apart, Khaleesi was ushered to lay down in the bed.

She did so, knowing that the matron needed to be checked. She laid on the edge of the bed, where 3 moons prier, she laid as she lost her virginity. The matron went under her dress with his tools. It was horrifiyly uncomfterble. The door opened quickly, “What is so urgent that you needed to see me?” Aemond said, coming in, then he saw the scene.