十三

italicized means flashback

"Oh my, this is unexpected. A jasmine and pear blossom fusion?" Rien asks in delightful tone, a small smile painting his lips in a small smile. "The pear blossom stems from the Rose family while the jasmine stems from the Olive family." Slowly, he scooped both infants on either of his arms, gently swaying them in his hold.

One infant had white hair with light green tips and the other infant had white hair but with yellow tips. The infant with light green tips stared up at him with wide eyes while the infant with yellow tips' eyes slowly began to water with tears.

"From now on, you're named Rika and you'll be Riku. Named after the flowers that you both have blossomed from." He declares. However, the small smile painted on his lips swapped for a shocked expression. "How could I have missed it...you two look alike. The flower is capable of producing twins!" He exclaims yet his facial expression softened once more as he turns to look down at the twin infants.

"Rika, Riku, remember this. All of us are family."

"You didn't have to pick a fight with Mu Dan like that. You know I would always ignore him and his remarks towards me." Rika spoke, clad in a bright yellow colored silk bikini. Throwing her arms around his lean and muscular figure, hugging Riku tightly in her arms. As she hugs him tightly, she could feel his arms slowly wrap around her slender figure, hugging her back.

"Hey" Rika spoke, resting her head above his shoulder. "Can you promise me one thing?"

Riku remains silent for a moment, resting his chin on top of her shoulder. "Anything." He replies.

Leaning away from the hug, she raises her pinky finger up between them. "Promise me that when either the two of us are in danger, we'll come to the each other's aid." 

Almost immediately, Riku raises his pinky finger up and intertwines it with hers. Although his action may have been done rather quick, he meant the promise. Ever since he learned from Mei and Rien how he and Rika were born from the same flower but different ovary, he never viewed anyone else as his sibling. He knows that one day they will go down to a different path but in his power, he will continue to support her. Their bond remaining forever.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

"Excuses!" Roared an attendant. "If you're dissatisfied, you can leave. This is voluntary."

Whatever happens, Rika won't leave this tent nor beach. Even if it meant that she would have to wait for another week, maybe even a month or more, she'll continue following through and through. Riku is always there to aid her.

A seven foot tall man with red and yellow peonies over his ireizumi tattoo's stood up from the sandy shore. "I'm going out. This is creepy." He bids, turning around on his heels as he prepares to leave. Unlike him, Rika never found Horai to be creepy. Granted the island is beautiful, but what lingers is what makes it creepy. Maybe if she and Riku aren't Tensen's, then they would have been long dead already.

"I'd rather die in front of my henchmen waiting for me at the jail-"

And in one swift movement, a man with long maroon hair swung his sword and decapitated his head.

"I forgot to mention one thing." Said the attendant. "When you go ashore, you will be accompanied by an escort."

"An escort?"

Immediately, all heads turn to face the man with long maroon hair standing in the middle.

"Your death sentence has already been decided. The same applies on the island. Which means that..." In one motion of his arms, the Asaemons sheated their katanas out. Feeling a blade on her nape, averting her gaze, Rika sees Riku pointing his blade towards her. The action doesn't surprise her.