Chapter 3 ~ Stone Hunting Season

Third Person POV:

It is almost three weeks after the encounter with the mysterious Heilbai. The brothers have noticed that their youngest has been loosing more of himself by the hour. Mikey holds the stone with him wherever he goes, never letting it go. They also notice that he doesn't get much sleep, only eats one thing every 5 hours, doesn't bother playing video games, he hasn't spoken to Ice Cream Kitty, avoids everyone and hides in his room.

April stares at Mikey's door. He was inside, laughing and talking. April couldn't help but feel worried for his friend.

"April! you comin'?"

She stares at the door for another second before walking away, meeting the others in the kitchen where they were planning to discuss Mikey's odd behavior. Leo stood up with his arms crossed, waiting patiently for April to enter the kitchen. Donnie sat down with his chin leaning on his hand, eyes still on the dinning table. Raph was on right of the purple banded turtle, arms crossed as he leaned on the table. Casey was next to the fridge holding Ice Cream Kitty, leaning on the counter as he played with her. April silently walked into the kitchen. She sits to Donnie's left and looks to the leader with concern. "How long has this been happening?" "Almost three weeks, at best," the smartest replied with a voice of exhaustion.

"So, what? Mikey is acting all crazy because of a stone he had since that fight with a magic lady you guys had?" Casey wanted to make sure he was understanding the story, that he was told, correctly. The oldest nods and looks down with worry, "That's what it seems like. He won't even let it go longer than 5 seconds" Raph groaned in annoyance, "This is starting to be like April with that crystal from the Aeons all over again! No offense, April..." The girl shrugs, understanding that the situation was similar, although there is much more at stake. April with the crystal, she was only keeping it to herself. All it did was mess with her mind, a soul of an Aeon possessed April. With Mikey is much to different. The stone seems to be affecting both his mental and physical state. This was what worried the brothers the most. Especially since he was hardly making breakfast, joining training, going for patrol, barely speaking to his only brothers.

Donnie hummed in thought. "Actually... Raph may be onto something here..." They all look to Donnie in curiosity, instantly having their eyes on him as he explained, "April was slowly being possessed by a dark Aeon who become the crystal itself. What if the same thing is going on with Mikey? What if there's a soul of someone slowly possessing him to? But this one might have much darker energy or power than we realize! Especially thinking how it's been messing with him through both, mind and body!" The others blinked at the theory, perhaps that was what was truly going on! Perhaps the reason Michelangelo couldn't think straight was because he was slowly being corrupted by the dark power a soul of the stone had. This made the team more concerned, for the outgoing turtle's safety and well being. "Well, if that's true... how are we going to get him away from the stone? You guys did say he wouldn't leave it alone longer than 5 seconds... If he's that obsessed with it, he might be way worse than I was," the psychic explained. Casey took a step and placed Ice Cream Kitty on the table as he leaned down on the table, his arms holding him up. The silence gave the room a cold chill, tension was heavy and thick. After what felt like hours, Leo thought of a plan. "How about we try to steal it from him?" This made the rest of the group whip their heads at him with a face that all say "Have you gone nuts?!"

He sighs and explains, "Listen, like April said, he won't let it go for too long! So what if we take it from him and maybe hide it far away enough from him. Maybe throw it from the docs?" Casey places a hand on the blue banded turtle with a kind smile, "Leo, my man. That's a great plan... But don't you remember what happened with April when Mikey took the crystal just to make his comic characters alive?! We all agree that Mikey is much more insane than Red was, so how would doing the same thing be any better?! Wouldn't that just make him upset?!"