Chapter 202 - Let's See Who's Better

Sidharth had just hung up on Sandeep when he heard the operator through his earpiece. “Sir, Deputy Minister Jamwal
called. He wants to speak with you.”

Sidharth did not want to be disturbed. He told the operator: “Ask him to leave a message. I’m busy right now, and won’t be taking any external calls.”

An official statement was released at 6 o’clock in the evening. After that, all the phones in the Special Ops base continued to ring off the hook, up until the day of Devika’s trial, three days later. Most of the calls were from friends and relatives of the guests, calling to ask for Sidharth and plead their case. Once 48 hours had elapsed, the guests detained in the Special Operations Forces base were released, one by one. Not all the guests were allowed to walk free, however; some were detained for further observation because their phones showed suspicious activity.

Aditi was one of the guests who had been allowed to leave. She was entirely innocent, after all—she had merely been caught in the crossfire.

Rohit walked her to the door. He had nothing better to do, anyway. “Take care, Lawyer Chawla.”

Aditi knew Rohit’s real identity by now. She rolled her eyes at him unhappily. “Mr. Maan, how could you? That was mean of you to deceive me.”

“Oh, I was just doing my job.” Rohit offered no further explanation. He bade goodbye to Aditi, and returned to the base.

Aditi chewed on her lip as she walked out of the Special Ops base. She saw that Mr. Chawla, a distantly related uncle of hers and one of the partners at JD Law Firm, had come to pick her up.

“Hello, Uncle! You personally came to pick me up?” Aditi was pleasantly surprised. She hurried over to the car.

“I was worried about you. Get in, quick.” One of the limousine’s doors opened, and Aditi stepped inside. The car made a U-turn and sped away.

Deepak had just walked Bai Shuang to the door. He saw Aditi get into a limousine, and nonchalantly raised a hand to part his bangs. It was just a cover: his watch was equipped with a camera, and he snapped a
photo of the car’s license plate with it.

Megha had been uncharacteristically silent, but it was obvious that she was in a good mood. She blushed at the
sight of Deepak; she had been the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, once, but try as she might, she could not form a coherent sentence in front of Deepak.

Deepak was very polite to her. He apologized profusely. “Miss Reddy, please don’t take this personally. We’re just following protocol here, you’re not being charged with anything.”

Megha finally smiled. “It’s fine.” As soon as she said that, she lapsed into silence.

Deepak looked around. “Miss Reddy, I don’t see anyone waiting for you. Did your family send someone to pick you up?”

“…I guess they haven’t arrived yet?” Megha looked around, but did not see any car from the Reddy family. “What about my cousin, isn’t she coming with me?”
She was referring to Reva.

“Your cousin is a total workaholic. As soon as she got out of the interrogation room, she ran off with her other colleagues
in the Legal Department for a meeting.” Deepak laughed. “Do you want to see her?”

“No, I don’t want to bother her when she’s busy.” Megha saw Deepak laugh, and turned a deeper shade of red.

Deepak chatted amiably with her, and only excused himself when a car finally arrived to pick her up.

Megha sat in the car. Her eyes were glued upon Deepak’s slender back. Her heart had been shrouded in a dark fog ever since her father’s act of treason; now, finally, a ray of sunshine was
slowly parting the fog.