Chapter 31

You can play the music above to enjoy the wedding scene!

-

"You're so beautiful, Maya!" tili ni Abejuela.

"Ay, syempre, kanino ba magmamana 'yan?" tanong naman ni Mommy.

"Sa'yo po," natatawa kong tanong.

"Maya!" Narinig kong nahawi ang tela ng tent nang pumasok si Rara, tumitili. She's carrying her five years old daughter in her arms. Her daughter resembles Emen's eyes and nose.

"Rara!" masayang bati ko.

Maingat niya akong niyakap para hindi magulo ang ayos ko.

"Si Amiela pala ay na kay Deo, Abejuela. 'Yong mag-ama mo pawis na pawis na. Panay takbo ang anak mo at hinahabol si Luisa. Si Deo naman walang magawa kung hindi ay habulin din si Amiela. Hay, nako!" reklamo ni Rara. "Ako ang nahihilo d'yan sa mag-ama mo!"

"Oh, shit! Kawawa ang babe ko!" sigaw ni Abejuela. She went out of the tent, running, to save her husband from their naughty daughter.

We all laughed at her but eventually went silent.

I looked in the mirror and saw myself. A light coverage foundation is used to level out my skin tone, followed by a bit of blush and a little highlighter for a natural shine. They chose neutral eyeshadows and mascara to accentuate my eyes. To finish the look, they applied a sheer lip color on my lips.

My makeup was simple, which was ideal for an outdoor wedding. The veil was tied to my bun-shaped hair and flowed behind me freely.

I looked down at my A-line wedding gown. It includes a high illusion mock neckline and long transparent sleeves with a wide and structured skirt. I can see how the translucent lace bodice displays the lovely sweetheart neckline with corset boning detail below.

A series of fabric-covered buttons begins at the high neckline, traces the back bodice, and flows down the length of my skirt, adding a touch of elegance. I paired it with three-inch white heels and delicate pearl earrings.

"You look really beautiful, baby," naiiyak na sabi ni Mommy.

"Thank you..." I replied, still mesmerized with what I looked like.

Being with Nico for ten years was not easy either. It got us to the point of having no time to each other because of the residency and the demand in both of our jobs. Pero we make sure to sort it out too. Nagplano kami na maglive in para kapag umuuwi kami, makikita naman ang isa't isa at pati na rin kapag gigising sa umaga.

We had a few challenges, but we were able to overcome them. We are, however, now licensed surgeons and psychiatrists. I couldn't envision the two of us achieving our goals together, but here we are now.

We supported each other through the ups and downs of life. We encouraged each other when we were low, congratulated each other on our small victories, and showered each other with genuine affection.

"Congratulations, baby. Sobrang saya ko na makita kang masaya at ngayon ay ikakasal na sa taong mahal na mahal mo." Napatingin ako kay Mommy at nakitang lumuluha na siya.

"Mommy, don't cry! You'll ruin my makeup," natatawa kong saway, pinipigilan din ang luha.

"Five minutes and the bride needs to come out," I heard the coordinator say.

They fixed my makeup and checked my dress to make sure nothing would go wrong.

"Where's your son, Rara?" tanong ko sa kaniya.

"Kuya..." narinig kong bulong ni Lyre, ang babaeng anak nila ni Emen. She was playing her mother's hair.

"Si Liam? Nandoon na kay Emeniano. Matchy-matchy pa sila ng suot," sagot niya. "Lalabas na ako, Maya, ha? Kami ang mauuna pa naman sa'yo."