Epilogue

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this novel. I hope you've learned a lot of lesson through reading each character's journey. I've learned a lot too by writing and reading this novel. My heart feels so warm with the thought of finally being able to complete this story. It's been heavy for me while writing this but at the same time, I was happy seeing Malaya being so strong, and the people around her are very supportive and understanding of her condition.

I hope you'll realize that mental health is as important as physical health. Don't invalidate someone's feeling and emotions. Be understanding and sensitive of your surroundings.

Again, thank you.

_

"Wala ko makasabut niini!"

"Dili ka gustong maminaw!"

I breathed deeply and massaged my temples. I shook my head gently after staring down at the paragraph I was reading several times, but I still cannot understand it.

As I listened to my siblings' disagreements outside the room, I drummed my fingers on my desk. I can't concentrate on my studies due to the background noise. The divider of the room I was in was constructed of wood, and the door was covered with a blanket.

"Kasi naman, ayaw naman makinig ng maayos!"

When I heard Cass shout, my eyelids closed tight.

"Unsa man kana ug nagsiyagit ka!" I heard my mother's voice, yelling back at them.

"Sila Tonton at Tintin kasi ayaw makinig ng maayos! Ang liko-liko!"

"Hala? Bakit kami?"

"Hindi ka naman marunong magturo kaya ayoko makinig!"

"Aba!"

"Putangina, shut up! Nakadungog ka nako!"

I run both of my hands through my hair, frustrated that I can't study properly. Since we always have a recit, I need to do a pre-reading. I don't want to show up to the class knowing nothing about the next lesson.

"Kuya! Si Ate Cass, oh!"

I hear footsteps approaching the room. When I sensed them nearing, I turned around to face my siblings.

"Kuya!" they both yelled.

They both rush at me and surround me in a hug, whining about Cass.

I licked my bottom lips as I stroked their heads, soothing them. When they looked up to see how I was reacting, I gave them a soft smile.

"Inaaway kami ni Ate Cass, Kuya," nakangusong sumbong ni Tintin.

"I heard what you've said earlier, Tintin. You're ignoring your Ate Cass' efforts to teach you. You can't tell someone that they don't know how to teach. Magaling magturo si Ate Cass mo. Maybe you're just too stubborn to listen, Tintin," I explained in a gentle tone.

Both of their eyes are watching me. Tintin pouted before looking down.

"And it's not good yelling at someone. I will scold your Ate too from yelling because it's not right to resort to raising your voice. Nothing will be done if all of you are yelling at each other."

"Sorry po..."

I mess their hair, plastering a smile on my face.

"Apologize to her, not to me."

I chuckled quietly as they both nodded their heads.

It's a good thing they're both paying attention to me. Since then, they've been mimicking my parents' bad behaviour, and I've had to reprimand them to curb their bad behaviour. My parents were used to raising their voices over trivial matters, and my father occasionally resorted to violence as a form of discipline.