VII

This is not normal.

I feel... weightless.

I look around at the white space around me. There's no floor... no ceiling. But there are doorways.
Lining up on each side.

I walk towards the first one on my left. A girl with dark curly hair is winning a medal. At some Renaissance fair sports thing.

I go to the one on my right. A boy with brown hair and dark skin is walking down a school hallway. Both arms resting on girls on either side of him. A fan crowd behind him.
What is this?

I walk down, looking at each doorway.
They all portray different things.
Popularity, medals, feasts, family...
Yet, they're all so... passionate.

A weird hole gnaws at my chest. I try to think of something I'm this passionate about but...
But I can't find anything. I don't really have any hobbies. Any talents. Any skills.

My eyes catches on a familiar brunette, fluffy haired boy. Connor. His back faces me, and he's wearing a different shirt? I could've sworn he was wearing an orange shirt and yet now he's wearing one that's dark green. 

"Connor, where am I?" I ask. I get no response. He doesn't even turn around. Or show any sign that he hears me. "Connor?" I ask again. 

Unlike every other room, his is empty and pitch black. I step inside. Feeling a cold chill, I walk around to his front.

Wait, this isn't Connor. It looks like him but the features are different. His jaw is more set and his face wider.
His eyes hold the same mischievous glint but it looks better in these ones.
This is like Connor but.... older?

His eyes meet mine and he smiles. "Who are you? And what are you doing in my dream?" He asks, crossing his arms.

I blink, taking a step back. "Your dream? This is your dream?"
He smiles curiously, tilting his head. He walks forward. His fingers reaching out. 

I swat his hand. "What are you doing?" 

He's silent for a moment. "Trying to make sure you're real... Unless you are real and you're one of Luke's goons."

I frown, my eyebrows burrowing. "Who the hell is Luke and why does everyone think I'm his goon?"

He laughs. "Alright. New camper then. Fresh meat. But... how are you here?" He asks in a whisper.

I feel a blush arise on my cheeks. This is weird. This is bizarre. And you know what they say. When you enter a cute boy's dreams. It's best to run. 

Okay, well. No one says that. But no one invades cute boy's dreams so it's fair. "Nope. This is too freaky." I race past him, out of his doorway and into the hall.

I look around, these are... dreams. I'm seeing.. dreams. I gulp down the panic slinking up my throat. Does every demi-god do this? 

"I want to wake up now!" I shout. My voice echoes and I look further down the hall.

There are more doors... There's no way this is only the people in the Hermes cabin.  Is this... the entire camp?