Chapter 17

WASSUP YALLL

hope you guys had an enjoyable summer and start of school✌️

anyways...sorry for being absent, i really hate summer and i wasn't feeling motivated at all😭

enjoy the chapter!

—————

(time skip~)

Christmas came and went rather quickly for what Japan was used to. There was the annual Christmas breakfast with her brothers and family members, then the opening of presents by the tree in the warm glow of a roaring fire in the fireplace, then savoring some peppermint-flavored hot cocoa while enjoying a movie.

Her favorite gifts she received were some new sweaters, including a beautiful dark green one with golden hoop earrings to match. She also received some new mangas to read and a few more bits and pieces of stationery to add to her collection.

The day after, she woke up later in the afternoon to Taiwan yelling from downstairs: "Hey Japan! Your friends are here!" She got up hesitantly. Thinking of her messy appearance, she changed as quickly as she could and hurried downstairs. Japan opened the door to find Belarus and Bulgaria standing with arms full of gift bags. "Hey girls! Come in."

"Hiii!" Bela grinned. Bulgaria was directly behind her, and she exchanged a nod with Taiwan. "You guys can come upstairs with me—I've got some gifts for you two as well!" Japan said with a smile.

Once they were they all settled, presents were opened. Japan received three brand-new mangas, a few pairs of earrings, bags of her favorite spicy chips, strawberry candies, and a bracelet. "This is too much!" She laughed, presenting all the jewelry to them. "No it isn't," Bela smirked, admiring the fabric of the dress Japan had gotten her. For Bulgaria, Japan had bought a calligraphy set.  She had also purchased candy and snacks and gift cards for them as well. Bulgaria was toying with the brush and the ink when she suddenly grinned widely.

"How was that kiss, Japan?"

"Yeahhh..." Belarus chimed in. Japan turned away, pretending to be busy with cleaning up the wrapping paper. She hurriedly stuffed it into the trash before facing them again.

"Your face is as red as that sweater you're wearing," Bela teased. "That good, huh?"

Japan flopped onto her bed. "Maybe." came the reply. "America said he saw the whole thing," Bulgaria began. "He said that he pulled you close, and then grabbed your face, and then he also said you guys started kissing with tongue—"

Japan sat up and glared. "No we didn't!! What does he know? He was drunk anyway. He is the one getting crazy with Russia," "Are you sure that's all that happened?" Bela asked. She raised her eyebrows. Japan sighed, lying back down on the bed.

"Yep."  She decided not to fight it.

"By the way—do either of you know what's up with Ukraine? Like—where she went?"

"No..." Bela said, shaking her head. She eyed Bulgaria, who shrugged. "My guess is that she went to her vacation house. Her family is loaded."
That made sense. Where else could she really go? "Canada seemed relieved for her coming back anyway," Japan added. "Did you also notice how they disappeared at America's Christmas party?"

"They? You mean...Canada and...Ukraine?"
Bela questioned, her eyebrows furrowing. "I thought they weren't an item anymore." "Well, they are. I went upstairs with South to get a laptop charger and I saw—"

Japan halted herself.

This was a big secret, that most likely only South, Australia, and the two that did it knew. She could either sabotage the Ukraine situation and make it worse, or could keep the peace. "Saw what?" Bulgaria asked, leaning forward. "Never mind. All that matters is, we got the charger and life went on."