- 15: Some Kind Of Animal Cannibal -

It keeps him alert the whole time, waiting for the creature to talk into his mind, for the hundreds of voices to begin insulting him again. But they don't come, and lunch hits. He takes the granola bar the moment he gets the chance and devours it.

Tsuyu hangs behind with him as Uraraka, Iida, and Todoroki go to lunch. She looks back at him and leans on his desk, her long green hair straight and silky. 

"Have you noticed anything weird with Ochako and Iida today?" 

He crumples the wrapping of the granola bar and puts it in his pocket before nodding. 

"Yeah... Maybe one of them finally confessed." 

Tsuyu brightens up and her eyes widen. 

"Do you think so? Then the two of them passing notes to each other makes so much sense!" 

Izuku grins as the two of them walk out of the classroom. The hallways are alive with chatter, students going to the lunchroom, their classroom, or outside. 

"They were passing notes?" 

Tsuyu smiles back at him, laughing. 

"Yeah, everyone saw it! But you were spacing out, so I guess you didn't notice. You okay? If staying home instead of the dorms is messing with you, then I think you should stay there more." 

Izuku doubts that changing locations would get rid of the creature. He sees it standing by the lockers only to disappear again. 

"It's fine, I'll just make sure to wake up earlier!" 

Tsuyu sighs and pats his back. 

"I'm just going to ignore that you have been saying that for days." 

The two of them share another laugh as they enter the lunchroom. It's even more loud and crowded in this huge room. Him and Tsuyu walk to the lunch table that everyone normally sits at, the rest of their friend group already having their food, two other trays left in front of empty seats. 

They both sit down, Izuku sitting next to Todoroki, who is already eating his cold soba. Uraraka and Iida are sitting next to each other, and Izuku catches them looking at each other and then looking away. Izuku eats, feeling a lot better with food in his stomach. 

He looks up from his plate and sees the shadow creature right behind Uraraka's head. It must have looked like he was looking at her, because she meets his eyes and puts her chopsticks down. She looks at Iida who nods, and the two of them look at the rest of the group. 

"We have something we want to tell you guys."

Izuku's attention is taken back to the two people sitting in front of him, and he has to fight down a smile, anticipating what's coming. Iida clears his throat before speaking. 

"Me and Uraraka are going to the dance together." 

Uraraka chimes in, a smile on her face. 

"Ergo, we're dating.... So... Everyone cool?" 

Todoroki and Tsuyu glance at each other, and Izuku furrows his brows. 

"Why wouldn't we be cool with it?" 

Uraraka smiles and he sees her hand move, probably to hold Iida's, because his face instantly turns red.