- 22: Turn To Strange Ones -

Tsuyu drives through bumpy roads, mountain side shortcuts, and straight paths that seem to go on forever, the mass of trees growing denser the more minutes pass by. The elevation makes Izuku slightly sick, and his ears keep popping, but all that is forgotten when he sees the sign for the forest come up. 

The wooden sign itself and the posts holding it up are chipped and look like they are about to break any second. There is a small gate in front of the road that connects to the post and goes all the way to the side of the mountain, blocking them. 

It's illuminated by Tsuyu's headlights, breaking through the darkness. Izuku glances at his window and sees the shadow creature standing right next to the car. He can't see its face, only its long legs, but knows that it's staring at him. His attention is brought back when Iida leans forward, leaning on the center console to try and get a better look. 

"Looks like we won't be able to get in. We have to turn back. We can try another da-" 

Tsuyu presses the gas, taking off the emergency break all in one smooth motion. The car accelerates, going right towards the small gate that goes up to just about the car's hood. Iida tenses, one of his hands gripping the side of the driver's seat. 

"What are you doing?!" 

Todoroki opens a bag of blue colored hichews right when the car slams into the rusted gate. 

"I did not drive all this time just to turn back." 

The rusted gate breaks and the part closest to the forest breaks away, practically flying off. Izuku loses track of it in the darkness. Tsuyu continues to drive down the road, and Uraraka and Izuku look at each other. 

"Couldn't we have just parked the car...?" 

The car drives faster, and Iida sits back down in his seat, putting his head in his hands. 

"I don't even know why I try." 

Uraraka smiles at him and leans on his side. 

"It's okay, Iida. It'll be fun! No one else is here, so there is a super small chance we'll get in trouble!" 

Izuku turns away before he can see what Iida does next. The trees all look like one big blob, the only light around them coming from the car. The creature hasn't said anything this entire time, which Izuku is extremely grateful for. What he isn't grateful for is the constant hovering. 

He knows for a fact that it could just flash in his sight for a second and then leave again, but now it's constantly in front of him. The car comes to a sudden stop, jerking all of its passengers slightly forward. Tsuyu turns back to look at everyone, a soft song playing in the background. 

"Everyone looks the same in this town... You can hardly tell the difference..." 

"Let's see if we can catch a picture of a dead cult member!" 

Her green eyes shine and everyone cheers in answer, all except Iida who has a tired look on his face.