Chapter Seven - Clinic

Thank you all for reading!!!

Recap: Boys are checking out Luca

Mass POV

My breath catches in my throat.

I hear numerous gasps and choice words from my other brothers as I lift the shirt all the way up, exposing my brother's scarred back. There are a variety of large bruises all across his lower back, in various stages of healing, as well as a number of scars and cuts, some even depicting words that I won't repeat.

But the worst one is the giant burn over his entire upper back in the shape of an iron. Someone fucking burned him with an iron. My blood boils, but I have to remember to keep it in check.

"Oh, Luc. I am so sorry. I am so, so sorry." I repeat, as I lift him out of Gio's arms and into my own, rubbing the top of his head kissing his forehead. "Can we check your tummy now, please?" He reluctantly nods his head.

"Alright, I'm just gonna lay you down on the couch, okay?" He nods again and I place him gently onto the sofa, mindful of the injuries on his back. I lift the front of his shirt now, and Luca scrunches his eyes shut, almost as if he's afraid to see our reactions.

His torso is almost as bad as his back, with the same assortment of bruises and scars, just without the burn. "Oh, buddy. Come here. I lift him off of the couch and into my arms, rocking him gently.

"Are you hurt anywhere else, bug?" I ask him softly, and he hesitantly nods. "Can you tell me where, please? We're gonna help make it all better." He slowly points to the back of his head, and I reach my hand up there.

There seems to be quite a bit of dried blood in his hair even though I know he showered recently, and I can feel a large bump, probably accompanied by a laceration on the back of his head.

"Hey, buddy. Are you doing okay so far? Would you please tell me who did this to you?" At my question, his eyes widen and the tears return as he shakes his head rapidly. "Okay, okay, it's okay angel. Don't worry your pretty little head. Can I ask you something though?" He nods tentatively. "Was it Frank?" I question.

His reaction gives it away. His breathing picks up rapidly and tears trickle down his face. I start to sway gently. "Oh, Luca. I am so, so sorry. We should have been there. You don't deserve that. No one deserves that. I am so, so sorry." I whisper into his ear as I sway until he calms down. He gently rests his head between my shoulder and neck, and I make eye contact with Gio.

Gio widens his eyes, obviously trying to communicate with me. He points his eyes down, more towards Luc's lower back, and then back up to meet my eyes. What is he trying-oh. No. No. It couldn't be. No one would do that. My eyes widen as my heart sinks. For some reason, deep in my heart, I think they did.

Alonzo POV

As soon as Mass lifted up Luca's shirt, my world froze. How could someone do this to a little boy? He's eight fucking years old for crying out loud?! I felt rage immediately, but extreme shame immediately after. How could I have treated him the way I did? I was so cruel to him. I was a terrible brother.

I saw Mass and Gio's eye conversation and my heart sank even deeper, if that was possible. There's no way...

Gio POV

I hate that I am even doing this, but I have to check. I take a few steps over to Mass and Luca, before rubbing his shoulder gently. "Hey, Luc. There's one more thing we have to check, bud." His doe eyes made contact with mine, and he nodded gently.

I reached down and patted his bum gently. "Did-uh, did Frank ever, uh, do bad stuff to you down here?" I say it as gently as possible, and a strangled sob immediately slips out of Luca's mouth and he buries his face into Mass's chest.