Chapter Thirteen - Unease & Diagnoses

Hey guys sorry I've been a bit busy. Just so you know, from here on out, I'm just going off my basic knowledge of mental disorders. I do have ADHD and so I'm really just going off what I experience so please don't hate if you or someone you know experiences something different!!

Also I totally forgot to mention this but I NEED YOUR GUYS' OPINIONS ON SOMETHING!! Do I include extended family in this story?? Or do I just leave it at the friends and stuff and have it as though they are the family? Because I feel like I put so much effort into the friends and I don't just wanna add in the family as an afterthought but I don't wanna just exclude them and never say anything...

Recap: Luca & Mass are visiting Penny

Luca POV

We walked into Penny's office, and it was not at all how I was expecting. I was expecting a boring space with uncomfy chairs, but there were actually a variety of very cool places to sit. There was a couch, a couple bean bag chairs, a rocking chair, a wobbly seat, and even a chair that was hanging from the ceiling!

Her desk was off to the side in the corner. There was also a small coffee table in the middle of the room with a basket of various items to play with. Those are cool.

"Please take a seat anywhere you'd like, Luca. Or you could stand if you prefer that." Penny spoke before sitting down in one of the beanbags. I bit my nails nervously, unsure where to sit. I finally sat down in the other bean bag, and Massy quietly sat in the rocking chair in the corner.

"Good choice. The bean bag is my favorite." She commented. "Now Luca, I want to know a bit about you. Is that okay?" No. "Yes."

"Perfect. Now how long have you been with your brothers?" she asked

"About a month," I replied.

"Splendid! How are you liking it? From my understanding your brothers can be a bit crazy." At this, I crack a smile. "I really like it. They're good to me and I don't get punished." I tap my feet and hum gently, picking at my fingers.

~ ~ ~

Penny POV

"Massimo, I'd like to speak to you for a moment before you boys head home for dinner." I pull him aside at the end.

"What's up Penny? What do you think?" He questions concernedly.

"Well, it's obvious he's experienced a heavy amount of trauma even though we didn't get into it today. It seems pretty serious, and so I would recommend he continue to see me until we can unpackage some stuff."

"I see. We can most definitely do that." He replies, crossing his arms.

"I also believe Luca has a generalized and social anxiety disorder, as well as ADHD, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder."

Massimo POV

I kind of saw this coming, but it still comes as a shock. This is no longer just a quick fix, not that it ever was.

Penny continues, "We can definitely prescribe him some meds if you would like, or you can just see how it goes for a bit, since he's starting school next week."

I think for a moment, "I think we'll probably wait a bit just to see how he adjusts and how bad this is. But thank you so much Penny."

"Of course, dear. You know how much I love your family. Have a great evening, darling."

"You too, Penny. Take care." I turn around and walk back into the lobby, watching Luca fidget with some sort of cube-like thing Penny gave him. "Ready to go, bud?" I speak up and he glances up at me and nods.