three

"what do you mean we can't see your highness now?" chan sighed, rubbing his temples as seungkwan approached him. "we've been waiting here for a while now and it's just not right-seokmin stop playing with the butterflies!"

seokmin, who was in the middle of the flower beds, stopped trying to catch the butterflies, standing still and offering a small wave to seungkwan and chan, chan returning his wave while seungkwan walked towards him to drag him out of the flowers.

"look, if you can't find our friends immediately then at the very least, could you compensate us first?"

part of his job as jeonghan's personal butler included settling things with the commoners who visited. after he had served them their third round of tea, he noticed seungkwan getting antsy and left immediately to find the prince who had prior engagements to settle.

he expected him to have been in his room taking a quick nap as he normally did but what he didn't expect was to find him injured and being practically cradled by joshua.

despite how much he wished to stay with him, he knew he couldn't ignore the guests that were waiting for the prince in the greenhouse, preparing yet another round of tea and cookies in an attempt to placate them.

obviously his attempt failed, seungkwan asking him questions that he didn't know if he had the authority to answer.

"mingyu said that the prince would be able to help us but i'm starting to doubt the validity of that," seungkwan muttered. upon hearing that name. chan had to stop himself from rolling his eyes.

kim mingyu was but a mere commoner with no special powers apart from his outstanding visual and yet, the people saw him as their saviour. so much so that not a week goes by without chan hearing his name.

"may we request an audience with the king-"

"no." chan immediately interjected. "the king is not in the kingdom and has left everything to prince jeonghan to handle," chan explained, seokmin nodding along while seungkwan huffed, crossing his arms. "i'm sorry but the best that we can offer right now is another audience with the prince when he's no longer busy."

seokmin whispered something in seungkwan's ear, the younger of the pair listening intently before clicking his tongue. "make him meet us tomorrow. we're performing at the falling flower," seungkwan said.

and although chan wasn't sure of jeonghan's schedule (only joshua knew of everything), he agreed, knowing well enough that the pair would not leave until their demands were met.

and when they left, chan took the uneaten biscuits on the table. "i don't get paid enough for this," he stated before shoving the biscuit in his mouth.

–––

"he's in a horrible state," wonwoo said, joshua biting his nails as wonwoo attempted to enter into jeonghan's mind, his eyes pitch black. "but there's something blocking his mind so i can't do much more than this."

wonwoo took his palm off of jeonghan's forehead, his eyes slowly turning back to their original colour as he hurriedly put his glasses back on. "i'm sorry," he apologised, bowing slightly to joshua.

"thanks for trying wonwoo," joshua replied, patting wonwoo on the shoulder, the boy fixing his glasses once more out of habit. "could you wake him up?" wonwoo nodded, snapping his fingers once and causing jeonghan to wake up with a start, a black cloud floating above his head which he quickly waved away.

"why did wonwoo put me to sleep?" jeonghan asked, pointedly staring at joshua who ignored his question, looking away as if someone had called him. before jeonghan could further question him, a knock was heard on the door, wonwoo immediately moving to answer it.

"your highness, the queen and the crown prince of the kingdom of ekiei are here and they explicitly said they wish to meet you and not your right hand man in a disguise," chan said, wonwoo hiding his smile at the thought of their last failed disguise. "they're currently in the main dining hall."

jeonghan stood up, fixing his attire as joshua placed his crown back on his head. "are you sure you can handle this right now?"

"i'm the crown prince -- i should handle what i can now." joshua rolled his eyes at jeonghan's statement but nevertheless helped him iron out the creases in his suit.

"then let's go meet your fiance now."

–––

vee talks! 
side note: this story is a slow burn </3
i promise itll pick up the pace eventually but thank you for reading and sticking with me ;-;