Truth or Lie?

Avery, Theo, Evan and Griffin all sit around Y/N's bed as he lays still, no sign of life except for his chest moving up and down with the help of an oxygen mask. 

Both his legs are in casts along with his right arm. He has bandages on his head as well as stiches on his forehead from a gash he got.

"My poor baby," Avery whispers as she holds his left hand. 

"He's strong honey, he will be okay."

Griffin isn't paying attention to the conversation as he keeps Hailee updated on the situation. They may be broken up and she treated him like shit but she still loves him and cares about him. 

After an hour, they are all doing their own thing - most of them keeping people updated on their phones except Evan who is staring at his best friend, how could he have let this happen to his best friend. 

'What if he doesn't remember me?' 

He stares at Y/N's face, his eyes widen when Y/N opens his own eyes before closing them from the light.

"Y/N...buddy can you hear me?"

Y/N nods as the others turn to look at him. They all rush over, Avery stroking his cheek as his eyes flutter open, adjusting to the light before he smiles softly at his parents and friends.

"You gave us all a scare bud."

"W-w...."

Griffin helps him sip some water as Evan holds his head up. 

"W...w...where's Hailee?"

They all share a look, it quickly becomes clear to them that he does have amnesia. The doctor walks in looking at Y/N.

"Glad to see you up Mr. Mooney."

"W...w-what h-happened?"

"You were in accident Y/N. Can you tell me what day it is?"

"F-February 12th 2021?"

They all look at him sadly which confuses him.

"W-where's H-Hailee?"

"She's getting you some water."

They look at Griffin who forces a smile as Y/N nods before closing his eyes again. Griffin walks out of the room as Y/N yawns.

After half an hour, Hailee walks in with Griffin. She smiles sadly at Y/N and walks over to him stroking his cheek. 

They all go outside to discuss as Hailee stays with Y/N who is drifting asleep. He smiles tiredly at Hailee.

"I love you baby."

Hailee kisses his head.

"Y/N..."

He smiles, holding her hand with his good hand as she plays with his hair. 

"You're the best girlfriend ever."

She looks at him sadly, his words unknowingly hurting her. He starts drifting off to sleep, keeping a hold of Hailee's hand.

"What is wrong with me?"

"What do you mean?"

"They won't tell me what-"

He cuts himself off with a snore making her lightly chuckle. The others walk in, most of them giving Hailee a dirty look. 

"What's happening?"

"He has forgot the past two years and 6 months."

"So what?"

"He thinks you and him are still together."

Hailee looks at them in shock. 

'Y/N thinks we're still together? They'll tell him how I cheated on him...'

Everyone sits silently listening to Y/N's snores as Hailee strokes his hand with her thumb. After two hours, Y/N wakes up again but no one has noticed.

"Hails."

They all look at him as he only looks at Hailee.

"Yes Y/N/N?"

"When can we go home?"

"I don't know baby."

He nods kissing her hand.

"So what's wrong with me?"

"You broke both legs and your right arm and..."

"And what?"

"You have amnesia. It's August 2023..."

Y/N's smile drops as he looks at everyone in shock and worry.

"Will I ever get the memories back?"

"The doctor said you should but it might take years."

Y/N nods before looking at Hailee with a sad look.

"I'm sorry for forgetting all our memories baby girl. Will you make new ones with me?"

Hailee smiles softly at Y/N while having an internal conflict.

'Do I tell him the truth? That we're broken up? Hurt him all over again?'

'Do I lie to him? Take this chance to rekindle our love and enjoy my second chance?'

'Do I live a lie in bliss or the truth in pain?'