Chapter 5 : Half-Blooded Monster

Perhaps you should have seen it coming when Jake led you up the east staircase tower to the third floor of the castle. Despite the entirety of the fortress falling rather quiet, excluding the harpsichord playing albeit softer in the background now, this floor seems to be the most serene of all. Something about the aura seemed significantly calmer than the rest, and you're proven correct when the prince pushes open a door that leads to a moderately-sized bedroom.

"Is this the princess's room?" you ponder aloud.

"No, this is my room," he corrects with a gentle shake of his head. As you observe your surroundings more, you begin to pick up on subtle hints of the prince around the room. The overall space is neat but there are traces of him lingering everywhere. His bed is nicely made and the open space in the center of the room is decluttered, but a small organized mess lies untouched atop the desk sitting in front of the window that overlooks the scenery behind the castle. Most of all, the prince's scent, which had up until now been a faint whisper in the air, is now amplified tenfold in his private quarters. "Truth be told, no one has really visited the princess's room in centuries," Jake adds as an afterthought. You know there is more to the story and that the prince standing in front of you is leaving a lot unsaid. But you don't push for you fear that you'll overstep his boundaries.

"Did the princess frequent your room? You said you would show me all the rooms the princess used to frequent daily," you ask instead, gearing in another direction.

"I wouldn't say you were a stranger to this room, Princess," Jake smirks, a brief flash of lust dancing across his features causes your breath to hitch involuntarily. The prince smiles proudly at your response and smoothly guides you over until you're standing right at his desk, looking out the window beyond the castle's premises. "I originally wanted to take you to your music room, but decided to make a detour along the way." Your body tenses when the prince places his hands on your shoulders and steps impossibly closer until his front side is pressed up against your back.

"There's a music room?" you stutter in a soft gasp. The prince ducks his head down to place a gentle kiss on the shell of your ear.

"It's where you used to practice your instruments," he hums, spinning you around so that you're facing him once again.

"What did I- what did she play?" you prod, your voice barely above a whisper. Your heart skips a beat when Jake leans in closer and presses you backward until you're practically sitting on top of his desk.

"You played many instruments, sweetheart. You were, and still are, such a beautiful and talented woman," he responds, his voice equally as soft as yours but now holding a husky rasp to it. Your eyes flutter close when he ghosts his plump lips against yours, teasing and testing all at once.

"Your main instrument was the violoncello."

"What a beautiful instrument," you respond distractedly, arms instinctively wrapping around the back of the prince's neck. Jake's chest blooms in excitement and takes this as the final cue to push your lips together. The kiss is a mix of desperation, hunger, and longing. It's soft at first but grows slopier as he dominates the air between you two. Everything all around you is so overwhelming and you can't even begin to pinpoint what you're feeling. It's almost as if you can feel the prince's emotions, mixed with your own, pumping through your veins.

"I've missed you so much, Princess," Jake whispers almost desperately when you pull back slightly to catch your breath. A breathless moan falls past your lips as the prince tugs on your bottom lip with his teeth before peppering hungry kisses down the side of your jaw.

"I'm not the-"

"Don't," Jake growls, nipping at the soft skin on your neck to get his message across. When he meets the junction of your neck and shoulders, he pauses. Warm puffs of air hit your exposed skin as he hovers, basking in how your scent and heartbeat pulse there the strongest. But when a soft whimper escapes you from the loss of his fiery touch, the prince plants a tender kiss on the sensitive area.