For the next few weeks, I checked my phone often. Kai hadn't texted me and I began to worry. Was he not coming back? Did something happen to him? Why do I feel this way towards a stranger I've only met a couple of weeks ago?

It was my last shift before the weekend, and I was feeling tired and out of it. The days became longer and colder as winter began to approach. "Sales will be slow sooner or later..." I whisper under my breath. Just then the door opened and a familiar person arrived, it was Kai. He went up to the counter before saying, "I came back like you said.. do you think there are results?" He took off his mask and lifted up his hair to reveal his forehead. "I'm impressed! I can see that your skin barrier is being replenished." I show him a thumbs up to show that I'm proud. "Since your skin seemed to do well I feel like we can move onto maybe retinols." As I say this I pointed towards the area retinol was placed. Kai began to walk over and I follow him. "Woah.. There's a lot of products to choose from," he replied. I smile and laugh before helping him. "So since we're targeting your acne we can narrow it down to these specific retinols and serums as it'll help..." As I helped him I lost track of time, he was really focused and showed that he was actually wanting to improve his skin. Maybe that's why he was different from the rest he showed that he cared. "Alright! You're all set Kai, I'm really excited at how your skin will progress. Also did you keep the number I gave you last time?" Shoot, why'd I ask that oh god that might've been a bad call. Kai seemed flustered before he replied, "Umm yeah I did. I was scared to text it so I wasn't able to ask questions." "Oh well don't be afraid alright? This is your skin we're talking about. Just text if you have questions about anything." Kai had left once again and I yearned for him to come back. Why was I so desperate? What is wrong with me? But I was willing to wait for him...