Kai began to visit more frequently as the weeks went by. He stopped wearing his mask and he was more confident than he was before. There was a difference in his skin complexion from when I first met him compared to now.

I stood behind the counter waiting for him. I spent most of my time these days waiting for him. Of course, I helped the other customers but I anticipated Kai and Kai alone. As I looked up the door opened and Kai came in. "Hi Y/N!" he exclaimed. I replied, "Hey Kai, welcome back!" Why did I feel so happy and excited because of him? "Can we talk about my skin?" he asked. "Yeah! What's up?" I asked. "So I was wondering about my acne scars. Can we do anything about them?" "Hmm... Well, are you comfortable with makeup?" I asked him curiously. "Ah, that reminds me! I used to put on makeup back then hoping it'd cover my acne.. too bad it failed miserably." He took out his phone and showed me pictures. From what I saw, he didn't quite use it properly. The foundation color he chose was 3 shades lighter than him. He also put on way too much makeup that it messed with his face. "Well, Kai you have a lot to learn!" I exclaimed. "I can tell," he said as he looked away embarrassed. "Tomorrow is my day off so I was wondering if you'd like to come to my apartment. I could teach you the basics of makeup and teach you how to apply makeup." Kai looked nervous before he said, "Umm.. sure why not... I guess I could." I tried to hide my smile. Why was I so happy? We talked a bit more before Kai left. I guess it was set he would be coming over. I texted him my address that night and went to bed. Why was I so nervous?

That morning I began to clean up and make the apartment look nice before Kai came over. What would he think if he saw my apartment dirty? What if he thinks I'm messy? Am I overthinking things? Just then the doorbell rang, it was Kai, he came over quite early in the morning. "Good morning Kai. Welcome in!" "Oh thanks!" he replied as he went inside. "So you can sit on the couch over there.. umm I'll go get the makeup and supplies," I tell him before going to my room. I bring out lots of makeup along with the supplies. "Are you sure we need all this?" he asked curiously. "Well I need to find what shade of foundation matches you the best and then I can examine how to apply your makeup."

I began to swatch him going through several different bottles of foundation until we reached an exact match. "Hey Kai, this one actually matches your skin tone," I say while showing him the bottle. "That does huh? I chose a shade lighter than me in the past.. that was embarrassing," he responded while laughing. I couldn't help but let out a smile. He looked so cute when he was happy. I spent the day giving him tips on how to apply foundation, contour his face, and make his facial features stand out. He spent the time taking notes as well as practicing on his own face. It soon became noon and he had to head home. "Thank you so so much Y/N! I never knew you could do all of that! Thank you for taking the time to help me and show me your tips!" he exclaimed. He seemed really grateful and happy. I felt happy. "I'm glad I was of help to you!" I responded as he left my apartment. I had fun together with him, but did he feel the same way?