Chapter 37

(A/N Notes: It's bacc! Although short, I think it's good enough for now as a rehabilitation for my writing here)

It was currently lunchtime, and Sakurako was currently looking at nothing with empty eyes with her usual blank expression, as she was once again laying down on top of Hitori's lap like a lazy cat.

"..."

"..."

"..." *Soul leaving her mouth*

Although Sakurako didn't appear to be all that different from usual, Himari and Kohaku still noticed that something was wrong with her. The two looked at each other and started with each with only their eyes

<So what do you think happened to her, Himari-chan?>

<I don't know, but it wasn't anything serious since she was still eating normally, and still did a decent job in the student council earlier>

<Hmmm... Ah! Maybe it was something related to her fiancé>

<You mean... What was his name again? Oh right, Ichiro, I think. Do you think something happened between those two?>

<Yes! I can say so, because of my experience as Kazuo's Fiancée>

When Kohaku started talking about her engaged life with Kazuo while making a proud face, Himari couldn't help but crunch her face in jealousy at the fact that she was currently the only one who was still single in her group of friends.

<All right, then you go talk with Sacchan about that>

<Eh!? W-why!?>

<Because you're the one with more experience in this, are you not?>

"Y-yes"

Kohaku quickly gave in after seeing Himari's smiling face twitching alongside one of her veins popping up, clearly showing that she was pretty jealous at not being in a relationship. And so, with that Kohaku moved slightly closer to Sakurako and started talking to her.

"Sacchan, did something happen to you yesterday?"

"..."

But she didn't get any answer from her, instead, Sakurako simply kept looking at nothing, but her cheeks quickly started to turn red since Kohaku's question reminded her of what she done yesterday.

"..." (x2)

And of course, the scene of Sakurako blushing didn't pass unnoticed by Kahoku or Himari, who could only make shocked faces at what that could possibly mean. As for Hitori, she had long passed out by now.

Meanwhile

"..." (x5)

Ichiro was currently eating his lunch with his usual suspicious smile, but different from usual, he hadn't said a single word, since Kazuo, Kenzo, Kyo, and Haruto joined him to have lunch together. And his silence was extremely concerning to the four.

<Something happened to him yesterday>

<Yeah, any idea of what it might've been?>

<Don't look at me, I don't have a single clue. What about you, Haruto?>

<I don't know, and I don't want to ask him either>

<Well, I also don't want to ask him>

<Me neither>

<Nuh-uh>

<...> (x4)

<Alright, Kenzo. You go ask him>

<Hell no! Send Kyo instead of me!>

<I refuse, just have Haruto do the talking since he has nothing to lose>

<I have to a lot to lose, yes! Send Kazuo, he was the one who gave the idea!>

<Like hell I'll talk with Ichiro without knowing what he's thinking!>

The four kept looking at each other, as they all tried to pass the problem to the other.

"..."

Ichiro, who could easily see what the four were arguing about with their eyes, decided to remain quiet, because if he started talking right now, he would start talking about Sakurako kissing him on the cheeks with a happy face, but at the same time, he also found boasting about receiving a kiss from his fiancée as too embarrassing to talk about.

And so, they all had lunch without any big commotion.

.

.

.

The next day

" "Ah!" "

It was after school on a Thursday, and that meant that Ichiro was helping at the cafe like usual, and that also meant that Sakurako would be doing her usual afternoon coffee visit. Even though the two were already used to this routine, they still couldn't help by let out their surprised voices at seeing each other again, especially since they still remembered what happened between them two days ago.

"..."

"..."

Due to that, they both looked at each other with their cheeks tinted pink, as they started to feel embarrassed, but at the same time, they also felt awkward due to the distance they were putting between themselves because of their embarrassment.

"... ... ... H-Hmm... I-Ichiro-san..."

After a short silence, Sakurako timidly called Ichiro by his name as he extended both of her arms, clearly asking for a hug from him. Seeing that, Ichiro felt surprised, but his feeling of happiness quickly overtook both his surprise and embarrassment, and with a big happy smile, he hugged Sakurako, as she hugged him back.

But then, as they hugged each other, they started to feel their embarrassment returning, but at the same time, they also didn't feel like letting go of each other anytime soon.

" "... ... ..." "

"D-Do you want some coffee, Sakurako-san?"

"Ah! Y-Yes, I would like some"

"T-Then I'll go prepare it for you"

"O-Okay"

With that, the two awkwardly let go of each other, just as they were reaching the limit of their embarrassment, which caused the two to feel both relieved and unsatisfied. But with Ichiro now busy preparing the coffee, Sakurako went to sit down at her usual spot, as she waited for Ichiro to come back with her coffee.

After a few minutes, Ichiro went to Sakurako's table and put down her coffee in front of her, after doing so he sat down on the seat in front of Sakurako. Since the two had managed to calm down, they didn't feel awkward as before, but they still felt somewhat unsatisfied.

"... Ichiro-san..."

"What is it, Sakurako-san?"

"... ... ... Do you... Do you mind if I sit beside you?"

"... Of course not!"

With his happy agreement, Sakurako nodded and then moved to sit right beside Ichiro, then she hugged his arm as she rested her head on his shoulder.

They still felt a little embarrassment from doing so, but way less than earlier, yet it was just enough for them to not want to say anything.

"..."

"..."

Even so, the two were still feeling that something was lacking.