Chapter 42

(A/N Notes: I had the motivation to write this chapter, but the inspiration failed me)

It was Monday morning, and as always Sakurako was at the student council room to help Himari and the others in dealing with some of the overflowing paperwork before the classes started.

"..."

Sakurako was quickly dealing with most of the paperwork, with the rest only able to watch her work at her usual speed, in contrast to her previous lackluster performance from some days ago.

"Did something happen to Kogane-san?"

"I think so, her atmosphere feels... Softer?"

"Oi! If you have time to talk! You have time to move your hands! I don't want to use my after-school hours doing extra paperwork!"

"S-Sorry! Himari-Kaichou!"

Himari who glared at the two colleagues who weren't moving fast enough, sighed at seeing them run in different directions like frightened chickens, and then she glanced at Sakurako, who as always had an expressionless face. But thanks to knowing her for a long time, Himari was able to see that Sakurako was in a great mood today, and she had a guess as to why.

Meanwhile

"..." *Smiling smiling*

Ichiro was seated at his desk, and like every single day he had his usual smile on his face, showing that he was in a bright mood, but to everyone else, that was a cause of concern, because no one could say if he was smiling in the usual way, the happy way or the annoyed way, since his smiles were always the same.

"... So? What do you guys think?"

"I think that we shouldn't talk to him today"

"But what if he comes to talk to us instead?"

"We use the only foolproof tactic we have"

"You're be forever remembered, Lord of the eternal Blizzard"

"We will always hold your memory close to our hearts, Lord of the Eternal Blizzard"

"Oi! Why are you two thinking I'll be the one staying behind?!"

"I am not volunteering for this plan"

"Me neither. So that leaves only one person to do it"

"... I'm not doing it, I'm not crazy"

Kenzo, Kazuo, and Kyo were all arguing with themselves just outside the classroom, as each of them tried to push the unenvious position of stalling Ichiro as the other two fled to the other. But seeing that, they would have to resolve on the good old way, they gave up on arguing and instead went back on focusing on their current predicament.

"Okay, so who's gonna gauge Ichiro's mood and find the reason why, today?"

"Why don't we ask Takkun?"

"He went to another school, remember?"

"Ah True... Then how about calling him to call Ichiro?"

"I doubt he gonna notice the call, he always has the tendency to leave his phone on the bag and read some light novel"

"Oh yeah... Then how... Yasu?"

"Are you crazy? That guy is just going to snitch us to Ichiro!"

"What about me, you guys are talking about?"

Then the person that they were just talking about, Yasu, appeared from the side, with a certain pink-haired girl walking by his side. And it was clear that he had just arrived at school, by the fact that he still had his bag with him.