Not This Time

Bracelety's POV:
OMG!!! Soon I'm going to get to escape and see the outside world and see ICY!!!! I started drooling. What, I couldn't help it!!! Anytime I think of Icy I just go to my happy place... as long as I can think about her and be with her, that's all that matters in the end... (fades into fantasy with Ice Cube) "Whoa, Braceleto...like, take a chill pill." I looked up and saw both Match and Pencil shaking their heads. Wow, they heard me from all the way up there? I must have been really loud.... How embarrassing! But on second thought I want everyone to realize me and Ice Cube's love... so it can't be that bad!

"Bracelety.... You gotta stop with like, the hyperventilating." Match yellow from the top of the tower. I thought for a second. Despite me always going on and on about how I love Ice Cube, there's always been a reason I've admired her so much. She always seems to get more confident compared to when I first saw her, all shy and timid. More than anything in the world, I wanted her to notice me. And I still do even now.... it's all I've ever wanted!

That's why I want to see her again, one last time if I can. I know that it might be impossible especially because she has a competition to win and I so badly wish I can cheer her on, but selfishly I can't deny it. Of course, I could never tell any of my fellow E.X.I.T.E.R.S about my true feelings either. So I put on a fake smile and yelled "But Match!!! If you escape, you can check out Flower's new fashion line!!" After all, if there's one thing Match likes more than validation, it's fashion. I mean, I've always thought she'd a bit of a drama queen. Then again, who am I to talk! "I think Flower said they were called Super Slim Shoes So Blah?" I heard Pencil saying. Suddenly I heard Match hyperventilating again... figured. Same old Match that I always knew. I smiled to myself, maybe things could be this normal once we got out of here.

Pencil's POV:
I was nearing the top when I suddenly ran out of stuff to pile on... and we were still way far away from Four's mouth! This was NOT what I was expecting or hoping.... I could see the hole but I was just too short! And this time, there was no Spongy to grab onto as a latch. Unless we thought of something we were screwed! "Guys!!!" I yelled. "I can't quite reach Four's mouth!!! Can you toss me some more stuff??" Even though I was holding out hope, even I could tell from up here there wasn't anything left. I sadly looked at Match and we both seemed to know... there was no prevention plan this time.

Suddenly, I heard a beeping noise. I realized it wasn't just any beeping noise though. It was Roboty!! "Beep Boop Beep." I heard him saying. When it came to Roboty, he was the one person besides 8-Ball I kept forgetting was in the E.X.I.T. Number 1 because he was a Robot and is almost as weird as David, but two I just don't know what he's thinking ever because he can't talk and truthfully he just REALLY creeps me out. Suddenly I heard Firey Jr.'s voice say, "Roboty says that he can be an extra foothold!" We were all stunned. "Aw, Seriously?!" said David. "For once, I agree." said Stapy. "How in the heck did you understand a word of what Roboty even says??" Firey Jr. just smiled. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me! There's no one quite like me."

"One problem though," said Liy. "How is Roboty going to even get up there??? He doesn't have any arms..." but as she said that, Roboty slid up using... a walkway? I guess I never gave any thought to what was on his underside. But, I hoped, maybe this would provide the extra height we needed to escape. Because this was it, all or nothing. With Roboty barely hanging on, me and Match climbed on top. We were still a decent bit away, but it was possible if one of us jumped. Suddenly I realized the horrible truth. Only one of us could make it out, this tower was slowly becoming more unstable by the minute and Roboty looked like he was about to break. I guess I was hesitating a bit too much because Liy said, "Pencil! Match! Jump for it!!!" I looked at her in shock. "But... what about you guys??" "There's no time!" Liy yelled. "Roboty can't hold out much longer! You get out of here Pencil and tell Four to let us out of here! By now the show has to be over so there's no reason to keep us here any longer."

Even though Liy was encouraging me to make the jump, I still felt super guilty. At this point, besides Match, she was the person I considered my best friend. Well... until I escape that is. Liy looked at me and grinned. "Hey! Do it or you'll be demoted to Bember!" I smirked. Ok ok, she got me. I still can't believe how ridiculous I was making that word up. I really did have such a big ego... nowadays I try to embrace that part of myself way more though. I prepared myself. "You ready Pence Pence?" Said Match. Bring it on, I thought.

Liy's POV:
So.... this is it. I had serious doubts that this was going to work and now we're so close to at least getting one person out of here... but I know better than to get my hopes up too soon. Everyone else was looking with bated breath. Suddenly, Match threw Pencil. My heart dropped. Pencil was a hand away from grabbing on. But that wasn't even the worst of it.

Usually, I would say it's not a big deal, we could always try again as long as Pencil climbed back up the tower. But the one outcome that was going to screw us all over, ended up happening. Pencil crashed right into Match and Roboty, and under all the pressure of the added weight the tower came crashing down. "LOOK OUT!!!! Screamed Firey Jr. It was even scarier because if any of us died we couldn't be recovered. Especially since Four probably forgot we even exist! Finally, after the dust settled, we had nothing to say. Stapy looked angry, Pencil and Match devastated. Bracelety just turned away. 8-Ball had a blank expression.

I finally snapped. So THIS is the result of all my efforts? After my elimination, I gave a lot of thought as to what I could do better. But I also didn't realize how down on my luck I really was. Why won't anyone support me? Is what I always thought. But now, at the lowest point in all my time at the E.X.I.T, I finally realized something. I couldn't always get support, I had to be the one to support myself. If fate was going yo deny me everything, I'll just have to do things MY way.

I went over to Stapy, fuming. I said to him, "Get up Stapy! It's time for Plan B. Every second counts, so let's hurry!!!" Stapy closed his eyes. "Well I did promise.... seems there's just no other way to possibly get out of here." He jammed out a staple and grabbed the door and sign from the debris. "Huh???" Said Pencil, looking on with everyone else. "Why do you want to go BACK to that Eternal Algebra Class??"

I started to pry the door open. "What are you two doing???" Shouted Match. I looked at her. "I didn't even get to take a peek before Four caught me and boarded it up! I won't hesitate this time." Not this time. Never again. I had been waiting for this so long. Was I excited, nervous? To tell you the truth I didn't know what to feel. I don't know what's going to happen, or where this will lead me, but my next adventure was finally about to start. And this time, I had my fellow exiters behind me. I looked back and Stapy and the rest of the E.X.I.Ters. "Let's do this." Said Firey Jr.

I took a deep breath, clicked open the lock, and opened the door. A brand new journey was about to begin.