Week at the Kent's Part 2: Supper with Superman -Chapter 5

Supper with Superman was probably about the most awkward thing Danny could possibly imagine. It was like he was constantly trying not to offend Danny with questions about being a ghost, while simultaneously asking way too many very obvious ones.

-

"um... do you need to breathe? Because I can see you breathing. But why are you breathing?"

"I need air to sass you verbally."

"How would you 'sass' me otherwise?"

Danny raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms as he looks at Superman like he's stupid.

"Ah, like that."-

-

And...

-

"Why are you flying constantly? Isn't it exhausting?"

"Nah, I just let gravity skip over me."

"Skip over you?... you aren't consciously flying?"

"Nope, no effort involved!"

"But how does that work? Is it magic?"

Danny tilts his head to the side. The answer is probably something super scientific like ectoplasm not actually being matter, but dimensional energy, and energy isn't really pulled down by gravity or something. It's probably that actually. Whatever.

He just shrugs.

-

And of course...

-

"So why do you glow?"

Danny does jazz hands. "I'm special."

Superman stares at him for a good long second before Danny just rolls his eyes.

"It's a ghost thing we all glow, it's part of the shtick."

-

And it was like he had never interacted with kids in his life! Not that Danny was a kid. And he certainly didn't need to be babysat by a crew of superheroes who have their capes on too tight.

Though Danny did find out during that conversation that Superman's real name is Clark Kent and he has a reporter Job at the Daily Planet.

-

"Seriously?! So you weren't joking about the glasses?!"

"Nope."

"Wow... People are oblivious."

-

Superman having a normal job seemed almost unfathomable, and adding the fact that his civilian ID is a currently well-known reporter. Danny has no idea how some glasses are hiding it. Maybe people are just not willing to see it as Danny was. No way the great Superman could live among us... Or maybe people are just idiots.

Afterward, Superman awkwardly directed Danny to his room and then left to go somewhere else in the house, who knows where. Probably to read or something.

It was just a small room with a single bed and a desk with loads of papers on it. Danny didn't give the papers a second glance as he went to sit on the end of the bed. He pulled out his phone and glanced down at it.

The thing had been mangled from continuous fights, being smashed into walls, or even just being dropped constantly phasing out of his fingers when he first got his powers. The Screen was cracked, corners of the case had just fallen off, then his worn down NASA sticker that he kept on the back of it. Though you could just barely make it out now, Danny didn't have the heart to change it because if he added a new one it would look really out of place against his phone that has been through hell, it's part of the charm.

Danny sighed as he saw there were a few messages from Jazz asking him where he was, he needed to talk to her soon. But this was not the thing he wanted to do over the phone. She would kill him! He should try his best to talk to her in person. Plus, he needed to go to Amity to grab his stuff anyway because this was basically sprung on him, it wasn't like he was prepared to be kidnaped today!

There was a ping from his phone and a message stating that he had been added to a new group chat. Danny clicked on it only to see the name of the chat was 'Adopted!' Danny chuckled and rolled his eyes. Added to the chat were Sam, Tucker, and Val. The only ones that knew about Danny's current situation with the Justice League.

-

GothQueen: So.

GothQueen: You dead yet?

GhostBoi: as much as I can be

GhostBoi: actually turns out he lives in an apartment so that's fun. Don't have to float around a castle in the middle of the artic

TheBestRed: I thought you liked the cold?

GhostBoi: not THaT much!

GhostBoi: anywys, im gonna try to break out so i can explain this whole thing to jazz

TechnoGeek: Bro, ur going to break out of a superhearing aliens apartment?

GhostBoi: cant hear me if i dont make sound

GothGirl: Do you really think that is going to work?

GhostBoi: it'll be finnnnnnnnnnne

TheBestRed: This is going to end badly isn't it?

GothGirl: You bet

TechnoGeek: 4 sure

GhostBoi: comeon guyssss

Notes:

Heyyy, once again guys I'm back. Sooooo sorry for leaving this for *looks at calendar* SIX MONTHS! Okay haha, sorry I have had a lot going on with a new job and classes, and I ended up getting a little stuck with thinking the chapters for this fic weren't good enough and I got really anxious about posting if chapters weren't perfect.

Tho! Special thanks to my beta reader BloodyBecauseYes! They helped me out so much in getting my plans down and they are going to continue helping me get this story out to you guys (hopefully in a timely fashion). Thank you all for your patience and once again if there are any scenarios or ideas of something you want to see, please share! I am always open to ideas and I am likely to add them!

Thank you all and I hope you guys have a great week!