✓✓APC--18✓✓

YA MUHAMMAD'S POV

1st January, 2020

I checked my phone for the umpteenth time, while sitting in the reception of A.A Infrastructures, no call, no text.

Actually I expected no response, but a tiny part of my heart had hoped she'd reply.

I let out a long, heavy sigh!

I decided to check on the progress of tailing Patrick and whoever is behind him through a private investigator I hired two days ago after I smelt something fishy going on at the company too. I dialed his number.

"I got the address of the man," He said as he answered the call.

"And?" 

"It was a loose end, there was nothing out of the ordinary to get to him, but we have a lead and she is coming by the office to give a statement hopefully." 

"Great, let me know what we have tomorrow."

"Sure sir," I hung up.

After waiting for another hour I called Abdurrahman Abdurraheem's PA, Jaafar, again.

Abdurrahman Abdurraheem is the president of A.A Infrastructures and A.A Perfumes here in dubai and a co-ceo with over 20% shares in As-seeq Perfumes and Textile company, as well as other companies too. He is a powerful person whom Dad had entrusted his company with.

After contacting him before getting here about urgently wanting to meet with him, he gave my contact to his PA Jaafar who then went through his schedule to set up a closed door meeting which happens to be today.

"Reception, good day Muhammad, Mr A.A will be here In a few minutes, In the meantime please exercise patience. Thank you."

And so I did.

Mr A.A got here in less than 20 mins, we had our meeting and everything I needed to narrate to him, every file and document I needed to present to him was seen and heard by him except, he wasn't able to sit through and tell me what I need not to do and need to do because Mr Jaafar rush inside without as much as announcing his presence by knocking on the door, breaking a sad news of his mum being rushed to the hospital.

Mr A.A excused himself, promising a meeting after everything settles down.

I wish his mum a quick recovery and left afterwards with a heavy heart.

I take a walk instead of hailing a cab, and while in the process of my self therapy I found an antique store, even without knowing what I'd find inside, I knew I will find something my fatee will love.

"I am visiting Fadeela."  I smiled for the first time today, her daily message which only entails details of her whereabouts, the message was short yet it portrayed how ok she is to me.

~~~~~

FATEEMA'S POV

12:30pm

I packed some of the food I ordered in a food basket briskly walking back to my room with great effort to shower, and drive back to the hospital.

Fadeela managed a fractured leg and a broken nose.

As I step out of the shower, wearing a plain turquoise gown in a haste on top of my turtle neck long sleeve because of the cold, foggy whether which explains how my mind feels too, foggy, and to make sure no part of my now super dark neck is out in the open, I grab the food basket, a small bag for Fadeela and head for the main door after rolling on my veil.

The person that held her forefinger out in a gesture to press the doorbell made my eyes sting with unshed tears, my heart ache for missing her, I gently dropped the materials in my hand and tightly wrapped my arms around her shoulders.