II

9/14/2018

This kind of thing was something Julia was super used to, so why did she have butterflies in her stomach? As soon as she got home from school her stylist was pulling at her hair, showing her the dress she'd be wearing. "A de la Renta?" she gasped, and her stylist only nodded excitedly. Julia took a breath. The dress was stunning.

This was the kind of party her dad had a lot, celebrating the success of his company since switching to green energy rather than...weapons. Pepper liked to organize them, given that she'd been such a force in the change of the company. And Julia had the same stylist for all of them, the one currently curling her hair to look good for all the guests. The company workers, her mom's, her father's colleagues, including the newer team that Julia still got a bit nervous around. But they'd become his family, and they'd become hers, and she loved seeing them.

Finally she ended up in the deep red dress, with lipstick to match, and a pair of black heels that complimented the outfit. As the routine went, she had to join the party before her parents did. There was a way to everything when your family is one of the richest in the country...or world. So once she was presentable, she made her way downstairs, greeting her father's associates and the press when she got there. It was routine by now, something she'd been dealing with for the last... almost nine years at this point.

What she didn't know was that her father was about to make an attempt to ruin her night.

Peter was already overwhelmed by the amount of people there. Especially at the sight of a few people he recognized. Yeah, he'd met avengers here and there but Black Widow, Captain America, Bruce Banner, someone Peter learned about in school, all in the same room? Didn't help the fact that he was already nervous coming here. Happy Hogan taking him by the arm also didn't help.

"Woah, hey, what's going on?" Peter asked him as he got dragged to the side of the room.

"Boss wants to talk to you."

"Why?!" Peter asked quickly, trying to think of anything he'd done wrong since the last time Tony asked to speak to him. He ran out of time to think as Happy opened a door to a room off the party room where Pepper was helping Tony tie his bow tie. She finished up as she saw the boy and stepped to the side to go finish getting ready and pretend she wasn't listening.

"Mr. Parker," Tony said, glancing in a mirror and adjusting the bow tie.

"H-hi, Mr. Stark," Peter replied, knowing that his voice reflected his nerves and mentally kicking himself for it. "Happy said you wanted to-"

"Yes," Tony's gaze finally found the boy. For a moment he looked at the kid, noticing the suit that looked very new, the black tie. Made sense, it was a black tie event. "I'm gonna cut to the chase, It's not a secret to you that I did not invite you." His words reflected in Peter's face, even if he knew it was true. "And I don't know what kind of scheme my daughter is cooking up, but I think it's best if you maybe steer clear of her, okay?"

Peter's brow furrowed. What did this have to do with Julia?

"Sir, I'm not worried about-"

"I am." Tony's suddenly very serious tone scared the poor boy shitless. "In layman's terms? Stay away from my daughter," Tony shrugged like it was nothing, but Peter's mind was racing. What did it mean to Tony? Had Julia said something about him since the first time they'd met? Because Peter could not comprehend how he could be trouble for Julia Stark. But to Tony, he figured this was easier. Peter was easier to control than Julia. And he knew Peter would probably listen, probably because he was more scared of him than his daughter was. "We clear?"