IX: Homecoming part 3

She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe how happy she was at a homecoming dance of all things. It was probably the high she had from kissing Peter Parker. It was all she had not to take him by the face and do it again. And again. And she didn't make the mistake of leaving his side again, knowing that a certain someone always took advantage of her being alone, and she was too afraid to risk it again.

The only time she absolutely had to leave him was to go to the bathroom, and even then, she brought her girl with her. Emma held onto Julia's arm as they pushed through the crowd of people to the empty school hallway.

"I cannot believe you did that!" Emma squealed once they could hear each other. Julia let out a laugh as it finally hit her. Her cheeks hurt from smiling.

"Me either," she said, pushing open the bathroom door. She had kissed Peter Parker. Kissed Peter. Actually kissed him. And not just on the cheek. Her heart was pounding and her head was spinning but in all the right ways. She let out a giddy laugh as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her lipstick had managed to stay on very well despite her, again, kissing Peter. It was all she could think about. She knew she couldn't do it again, but how she wished she could.

"And let me tell you, he is so in love with you," Emma said, now from the inside of the bathroom stall. Julia checked under the doors quickly to make sure they were alone before she entered one and she replied.

"You think?"

"Come onnnnn," Emma complained, making Julia laugh before they fell into silence for a moment. "When are you going to tell him?"

"Tell him?" Julia asked, exiting the stall and looking at Emma in the mirror as she followed. Emma met Julia's eyes in the school bathroom mirrors as they washed their hands.

"Yeah, that you're a fucking mastermind and this was your master plan and you're actually in love with him, because if you ask me, he doesn't get it. He's in love with you, but he's also dumb, and this is all going right over his head, which is easy because he's short," Emma said, handing Julia a paper towel as Julia snorted.

"I like that he's short!" she told her, and Emma nodded, but waited for an answer from her. Julia sighed, tossing the paper towels into the trash and quietly celebrating when they made it in. "I don't think I will," she said. "Not yet, anyway. It's going well, I don't want to mess it up by doing something stupid like tell him the truth."

Emma knew there wasn't any changing Julia's mind, that's not how it worked. But she rolled her eyes anyway, to make sure Julia knew that she thought that was a bad idea, before they made their way back. The giddiness Julia felt on her way to see Peter didn't help what Emma had just said.

Peter sighed when he finally sat down, at one of those tables they were supposed to be using for dinner, but they'd been too caught up to worry about eating.

"That was some kiss," MJ said, sliding into the seat next to him. Peter certainly didn't need reminding. It was all he'd thought about since she did it.

"Mhm," was all he managed to say as Ned sat on his other side.

"Why haven't we met her before?" MJ pressed.

Peter shrugged, trying to think of a quick excuse. Because she's not actually my girlfriend wasn't an option. "I feel like meeting friends is serious, we uh, I don't know if we're there yet," he claimed.

"What do you mean not there yet, aren't you like, in love with her?" MJ asked, and Peter looked around briefly to make sure neither Julia nor her best friend could overhear, because he really didn't know how to answer. Yes, he was, but he couldn't just say that.