I

9//9/2018

"Ready for your game tomorrow?" Tony asked. Julia nearly rolled her eyes at him. He tried not to laugh, she was very much her father's daughter.

"Depends on your definition of ready. It's the first game of the season, they just made me captain, honestly?" She went to grab a mug from the cabinet. "I feel like I'm gonna puke," she told him, which made him laugh.

"You will be amazing, Jujubear," he swore, grabbing the oat milk out of the fridge for her. "You've kicked ass at two state championships at a science high school," he reminded her, which was true, and she took a lot of pride in it. Soccer just happened to be the one thing Julia was really good at that wasn't science related. Something that had nothing to do with her dad. "And I will be there cheering you on," he promised. She wasn't sure how true it was. He tried to come to her games, he really did make an effort, but his work tended to take priority, so she tried not to get her hopes up.

The panicked feeling that she had that day didn't cease when she couldn't find her uniform. She did not need that right now. She began practically tearing apart her room looking for it, and it was nowhere to be found. It was the last thing she wanted, but she needed to ask her dad, so she made her way downstairs and into the living room. "Daaaaad," she complained loudly, not knowing that the sound made her father's blood run cold. "Have you seen my-"Julia stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a boy, no more than 18 talking to her dad. Her eyes narrowed, her brain short circuiting. Why was there a young boy in her apartment, and why was he familiar? She looked from the boy to her dad and back. Her dad did not look very happy. "Huh," she stopped herself. "Hey," she muttered. She glanced between her dad and the boy again. She put out a finger, tapping the air like she was trying to place something. "Do I... know you?" she asked.

The boy just sort of stared at her for a second until he collected himself. This was the last thing he expected. He'd been coming around this penthouse for what, a year and a half? And he'd never seen her. He'd never even been this close to her. But yeah, she did know him. Or sort of did. But he definitely knew her. He'd seen her on TV for years, long before she moved to New York. He took a breath, willing himself to speak.

"Yeah, I—I'm Peter. Parker," he said, coming a little closer and putting out his hand. It was all he could do to keep it steady, he could not have been more nervous to be this close to Julia. She took his hand, her breath getting caught. Who was this boy? Why was there a slight familiarity in his face?

"Julia," she said, shaking his hand politely. First name only, which wasn't like her, but she figured if he was in her house, he knew her last name. That and the fact that most people knew her last name without her telling them.

"Yeah, I know..." Peter began and Julia dropped his hand and her brow, looking at him with a tilted head. "We go to school together."

9/1/2015

"Mama?"

Pepper's heart skipped as the voice accompanied a knock. She couldn't stop the pride in her chest every time her girl called her that. It was still relatively new anyway. But it was right.

"Come in!" Pepper called. That's when she saw the 14 year old's face pop in the door of her office. Pepper couldn't help the smile when she saw her. Julia walked into her office, soccer uniform and all. She must've just finished up practice. "They didn't tell me you were here," she put her computer screen down, giving Julia her attention.

"Oh," Julia said, looking back at the door then at her step-mom. "Is that okay?"

"Of course baby, what's up?" Pepper's head tilted as Julia came further, sitting in the chair across from Pepper's desk.