Jigsaw

3rd person POV

3rd person POV

To say that the campbell sisters hated going to there parents business dinner would be a gross understatement. Whenever they were forced to go to something for their fathers work, wether it be a party, a 'small' picnic or a dinner. It was always just their parents trying to set them up with the kid of one of their business partners. And it only made things worse when harlow told her parents she was bi. Not to mention layla coming out as a lesbian just a few weeks later.

Ever since then there parents would just play it off as a phase, saying that the two would grow out of it. So whenever they were told a business dinner was mandatory, they knew what was coming. And this was no exception. Except this time it was someone that Harlow had sort of met. Andrew or Andy Richards. He was a total nerd even by dalton standards.

Harlow had only met him once before, at camp in middle school. He was being picked on for having no friends so the shorter girl decided to give the bullies a taste of their own medicine. She had seen him a few other times since then, but that was the only time that they had actually spoken.

But now she had to endure an entire dinner with him. Now don't get her wrong, it wasn't like she disliked him or anything, but considering she knew her step dad, She wasn't exactly looking forward to it. Her mother wasn't as bad as Blake though, not even close .

Anytime Harlow or Layla would mention even liking a girl, Blake would go ballistic, victoria would just agree, out of fear that she might say something to piss him off even more. When victoria tried to speak up about her daughters sexualities being fine it turned into an hour long yelling match between her and blake.

"Sweetie the Richards will be here soon" victoria told the Harlow opening the door to the younger girls room. "And could you please change into something a bit more appropriate, i want you to look presentable."

She knew her mum would react llike this, commenting on what she decided to wear. it wasn't even anything that out there. The girl was wearing patchwork jeans, paired with a scream shirt, along with her classic doc martens. Along with a few chains and bracelets all accompanied by her favorite necklace.

"What's wrong with this?" The girl asked, slightly annoyed. She didn't even want to endure this dinner and here her mum was telling her she can't wear something comfortable. It wasn't even that bad.

"Well for starters that shirt used to be your fathers," the older women said matter-of-factley, "and secondly i am not letting you wear jeans and a tee shirt out to dinner."

"Mum it's literally in our dining room, were hardly going out." "Harlow" Victoria said in a warning tone. "Fine, i'll change," Harlow said giving in.

Finally she left so could get changed. Eventually she picked out a green denim skirt, paired with a white baby tee with a black button up vest layered over top. As for shoes, she decided to put on some black Mary janes she thought would pair nicely.

"Ok mum is this alright?" Harlow asked, showing her mother her new outfit. "Much better, thank you for changing sweetie," she said before being interrupted by the doorbell. "Oh thats them, now Harlow i want you on your best behavior tonight. Ok" "yes mum I understand"

"Are you sure? Because last time we had a business dinner for your stepdad you punched a potential investor in the face," her mother said matter-of-factly. "Ok in my defense that guy was being a total creep," the teenager said, explaining her previous actions." well regardless he needed two stitches in his nose. You're lucky he didn't press charges." And with that Victoria ended the conversation, turning towards the stairs to invite the family inside.

Once her mother had made her way down the stairs harlow went back to her room to mentally prepare for the torture that she was forced to endure.

A/N
Sorry for not updating for so long, ive had a lot going on between home and school but the next chapter should be out be out by the end of the week.