Chapter 1

Morgan's POV

I was woken up by the sun glaring through my window. For a moment, I had forgotten all of my life's problems as I smiled at the sun, realising how beautiful it was. Sure, it was a big ball of fire, but it was beautiful from down here.

I was quickly awoken from my trance when my phone went off. Normally, a teenager like me would receive a text from a friend, but in fact, my notification was one I wish I never received. It was a reminder. A reminder that reminded me (crazy I know) that it was my first day of senior year.

I sighed as I looked at it, knowing my summer holidays were over but also glad. I'm glad to be able to leave this house more. This house was a constant reminder that my life was very different from most people's. I'm not living my life, but in fact, being led by reminder after reminder, whether it was a reminder from my phone or the reminder of what these four walls spectated on an almost daily basis. Then, there was a reminder to myself that everything that happened in my life was down to me.

I was simply a reminder of the life I don't get to live.

I got up from my bed and chose my outfit it didn't consist of much. It's just a grey jumper and some black baggy pants.

My outfit was made to at least look somewhat nice while also serving a purpose. To hide the marks of an untold story. A story I wish to always remain untold.

I made my trip downstairs. Normal people my age would go downstairs to breakfast on the table filled with pancakes, toast a whole bunch of different spreads and fruit, so each morning you
could have something different. Moms and Dad go down the list of stuff their kid needs for school, making sure they had everything and a bunch of "have a nice day" and "I love you's" But my downstairs was filled with beer cans and a very drunken man sleeping on the couch.

No breakfast and definitely no "I love you's" breakfast wasn't an option as that entire process would be too loud and would wake him so I decided to step over each beer can very carefully making sure I didn't step on one so that no noise would be made.

It was a very dangerous game of twister, and one little move can set me up for a punishment I would much rather not have. I finally made it to the front door where I left the house and made my way to school where the day had the opportunity to be okay or bad. I guess that was up to the gods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ava-Rose POV

I was woken up by my brother screaming the words " I don't wanna go" and those told me all I needed to know. First day of senior year. My phone went off, and I knew exactly what it was "Good morning" from Conner. He never failed to send me one each morning.

He tells me it's so that I never get to go a day without at least smiling once. He was just the sweetest. I got out of bed and opened my curtains to the sun, glaring into my face. I sighed. Of course, it was just too early for the sun. I made my way over to the closet and picked out my outfit for today.

I went for a tight black top with an open back with some light blue baggy pants.

It was perfect as I looked beautiful, and it was comfy because in those classrooms, if you're not comfy, then good luck making it through the day.

I made my way downstairs, where I was met with the lovely smell of pancakes and toast and a whole table full of fruits and different types of spreads. Each morning, I try to try a new combination so that my mornings don't always feel the same. I loved it.