Chapter 4

Ava-Rose POV

She left. Just like that, she was gone. My head was filled with worry and now I most definitely knew that she had not fallen. Someone had done that to her.

I'm never normally an angry person but this whole situation has me angry beyond belief.

Who could hurt a soul like Morgan? I wanted them to feel my anger I wanted them to see what they had done to Morgan.

I took a much-needed deep breath as I packed my things to head home. My head was so heavy. I wanted to protect her I wanted to show her that not everyone is out to hurt her.

On my way out of school, I couldn't help but try and look at the world in the way Morgan does. These empty halls signalled how Morgan must see these same halls each day.

While I'll be pushing past people to get to my location and greeting everyone. She sees them as empty pathways.

I complain if there are too many people inviting me out to all these different parties while Morgan makes herself this lonely person to protect herself.

Some would say she brings it on herself. That why should they feel bad for a choice she made? I think very differently I can see that being invited to a party was something she wanted to experience. Even just the invitation.

She didn't want to be alone at least not fully I can see there's a part of her that wants to reach out and cry in front of someone. Tell them about her day.

She's alone to protect the people that don't know her.

I knew all this about her while she was unaware. She had never told me anything about her. She always wanted to know stuff about me.

I wanted to know her.

-

I had made it outside where I was greeted by the fall air and the sun setting just behind some houses.

I could hear a slight cry coming from around the corner.

That's when I saw her.

I wasted no time as I ran up to her and threw my stuff on the ground. I could she was having a panic attack. I sat in front of her and raised her head so we were looking at each other. "Hey just focus on me okay? Breathe with me," I told her softly cupping her face in my hands so as not to freak her out. She didn't reply but I could tell she was listening to me.

Slowly but surely her breathing calmed down and we remained rooted to that spot for what felt like an entirety.

Once she had found her words she let out a small whisper which I made out as a "Thank you" I smiled at her and told her "Your welcome" She smiled back at me as a subtle reply.

I had to make her feel safe so that when we would part ways when needing to go home for the night she won't start freaking out about my reaction to her bruising. So with that thought, I got up. I could see a confused and worried look on her face as I did so.

I held out my hand to signal for her to get up. She didn't say a word and followed along with me. I couldn't see how she was feeling or what she might be thinking but I tried not to sorry too much.

We spent 40 minutes walking no words were spoken but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. I didn't ask her all the questions I had and wanted answers to as I could see that's not what she wanted. So I allowed her head to run free with just as many questions as I had.

We had made it. My secret little spot.

She looked at me and for the first time in this whole walk she spoke "Are you planning to kill me?" She looked at me with a slight smile.