Chapter 5

Morgans POV

72 hours ago I was alone. I had no thought to change that. I thought that I had maybe grown a custom to it. That it was normal.

Then Ava came into my life. Funny enough she was brought into my life to help me. Help me in a way where it wasn't supposed to be any more than just some maths or history.

It turned into her helping me with so much more than just numbers. I've cried in front of her I've told her about my dad. All of which 3 days ago I would never think was possible.

Somethings still hasn't changed though and that's just how scared I am. Scared that maybe Ava was just here to make me believe I could trust her just for her to then tell everyone.

I know I'm not stupid enough to tell someone I thought could do that but I wasn't too sure about anything at this moment in time.

I told Ava because she hadn't just seen past me.

She has seen me.

So now I stood at her front door. Thinking about how to go about the next 12 hours of my life.

In Ava's house.

"Hey are you okay?" she asks me with a soft smile.

"Yeah I'm okay just nervous and quite tired," I told her looking around the hallway that's when I heard a female voice come from a room further down the hallway.

"Ava is that you?" The woman asked.

"Yeah, Mom I also brought a friend over her name is Morgan is it okay if she stays the night?" Ava asked raising her voice in a way that didn't seem rude but loud enough for her mom to hear.

Her mom came into the hallway where she observed both Ava and I. I smiled at her hoping she was too freaked out about my sudden appearance.

"She can most definitely stay the night Just make sure to keep it down your brother had an early wake tomorrow. Also, have you kids eaten?" her mom smiled at us. I can see where Ava got her sweetness from.

"Thank you mon and no we haven't eaten yet" Ava replied taking off her shoes. I did the same so it didn't seem as if I was being rude.

"There's some leftovers from dinner you are more than welcome to have some" With that Ava's mom left with a big grin on her face. I couldn't understand the reason for the grin but I didn't try and think too much into it. So I and Ava were left in the hallway to ourselves where we shared a glance at one another before she led me to the kitchen.

"I hope you like lasagna as that is what the leftovers are," Ava told me plating up the leftovers for the both of us.

"I haven't had it in a long while" It's true I hadn't. It was my mom's favourite dish to cook. I remember there would be a night each week where we would have lasagna and I loved every time we did. The last time I had it was the night before the incident.

Ava sat next to me as she handled my plate with a knife and fork. She dug in straight away. I found it quite amusing how quickly she was eating it. It made me feel a little guilty thinking all the time I was with her crying she was hungry. That thought kept playing on my mind till Ava broke the silence. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah just a lot on my mind is all," I told her with a smile as I played with my food.

"Anything I can help with?" she asked me with genuine worry in her eyes.

"No it's all okay I'm sorry about everything that happened this evening" I looked down as I continued playing with my food.

"You have nothing to be sorry for I don't regret anything about tonight I know you're scared but I'm here whenever you need" She placed her hand on my face guiding my eyes to meet hers.