Chapter 6

TW mention of suicide.

Morgans POV

I woke up to a lovely summers day. A big smile on my face and the sun shone on me. The birds chirping on the tree just outside my window made their everyday morning song.

I got up from my bed and made my way downstairs to go wish my dad and mom a good morning. I approached the final step to nothing.

I look up at the clock to see if I had possibly woken up earlier than them but no not this time.

10 a.m. the clock said. My parents always woke up a 8. I found it weird since they don't have work till much later in the day. I just told myself that they enjoy the morning air.

This morning I was not greeted with smiles and good mornings while the smell of breakfast filled the air.

Nothing.

I called out "Mom! Dad!" no reply.

I made my way to their bedroom in case they just overslept. Before entering I made sure to knock but again nothing. So this time I began to slowly open the door making as little noise as possible as if they were asleep they wouldn't be best impressed if I were to wake them.

The door got wider to the point I could see their whole room but again nothing.

The bed had been made which meant they had been awake.

Did work call them in early?

I tried searching the house for a note that my mom had written to say if work had called them in.

Nothing.

Worry grew as I had been left alone with no indication as to where my parents were.

Something was off.

I decided that maybe they had gone to the shop and so with that thought newly printed in my mind as the others stayed at the back of my mind I decided to go and sit on the sofa and watch some TV for whenever they decide to come back.

-

I looked up at the clock to see it was now noon and still nothing.

I tried to make the loud voices in my head quiet down as I went to go to the toilet.

I approached the bathroom located upstairs. A smell had filled the air. A smell I had never smelt before it wasn't too much to the point I could vomit but it was present to the point you could tell it was there.

It was coming from the bathroom.

I told myself that maybe it was a pipe and so with that thought, I began to open the door. The smell got more intense.

Too intense for it to be a dodgy pipe.

The door swung open.

"Mom?" was all I could say.

Over and over again screaming and crying as there she was.

Hanging from the light.

I screamed so loud hoping maybe just maybe she would wake up.

"Mom!" I called out again for any sign.

Nothing.

"MOM"

"Morgan" I heard I wiped my tears as I looked at my mom for any sign she had just said my name.

"Morgan!" It wasn't my mom it was too far.