Chapter 3

The most uncomfortable sleep ever. The so called 'mattress' was made from what felt like wood, one thin pillow and a tiny blanket that radiates zero heat. We all wake up to banging and rattling. It was Eric.

"Get up amateurs. We start today."

He's hitting the metal panel and the cross wired railing, he's standing at the top of the stairs waiting for one of us to get up.

"I said move it!" He growls.

Most people start getting up, makes him smirk. He loves the feeling of being in control and people doing whatever he says. He feels powerful. He devours power.

We make eye contact before he turns around and walks away.

I try my best to get up and ready with another 30 odd people trying to do the same. It's awkward to say the least.

"How you sleep?" Christina pops up behind me as I'm doing my teeth.

I spit the toothpaste out my mouth and rinse my mouth out with tap water.

"Shit. What 'bout you?" I answer.

"Eh, worse then most people by the looks of it."

She looks around and see's all the boys doing press ups, sit ups, pull ups on the bunks. You name it there doing it.

I roll my eyes and bop my head to the left telling her to 'come on.'

I walk past some of them and kick the one doing push ups out of my way, and he falls face down on his face.

I laugh.

"Try hard" I say to him.

I hear Christina still laughing as we walk up the stairs, I walk face down watching my step as we walk up the stairs. The steps are at different height, easy to fall upon. As we get to the top I look up as I see a shadow next to mine.

I'm facing four. He's giving me a look again, I knew he just watched what happened but why bitch stare me for it. I left school to get away from that stare.

"Go get the others." Four commands.

I don't say anything I just stand there not even looking at him, in fact I'm making myself look at something in the distance so I look occupied.

"I will!" Christina bounces up and goes downstairs to gather our group.

Why is she sucking up to him?

"I asked you that Kay."

Why does everyone think they get to call me Kay?

I look away from my 'distraction' to look at him staring at me, I feel I should've spent longer doing my hair and fixing myself up he's looking at me that much.

"I know." I answer bitchily.

He smirks and lets out a little humph.

"Your being stubborn about yesterday. Cant take criticism can you not?"

"If I couldn't take criticism I wouldn't of listened to your advice." I bite back.

He moves closer to me.

4ft away from each other.

"And look how much better it was."

He's right, it was better but I'm not giving him the satisfaction.

"It was already good." I say looking away back at what I was looking at.

"Kay."

I look back at him and he's moved closer to me