New Home New Life - Day 1

Finally the day for Meghnath and Akshiti to get united had come. As said earlier there were only a few guests that too from the bride's side. Since there were no rituals conducted for the wedding Akshiti and Mallika visited the nearby Temple to pray.
*****************************************************

Meghnath and his parents arrived at the venue. The married was at Mahesh's place since it was a little spacious. Even though Mallika was not satisfied with such a wedding,b she had to obey her brother.

After some time Akshiti appeared in the hall draped in a beautiful red sari gifted by the groom's family. She was accompanied by Mahesh's wife and daughters. She looked drop dead gorgeous.

She stood in front of Meghnath

She stood in front of Meghnath. Jay handed over a thin chain to Meghnath. He put on that chain on her neck. The chain had a pendent with some sort of precious stone on it. It looked unique. The beauty of the chain became prominent when it was worn on the long beautiful neck of Akshiti's.

 The beauty of the chain became prominent when it was worn on the long beautiful neck of Akshiti's

This was the only ceremony that took place! Then they had lunch. And by evening Akshiti got ready to leave with Meghnath.

Akshiti : (in deep sad voice)Amma....don't worry....Soon you will get a landphone and we can talk everyday. I need your blessings Amma. (Akshiti bent down to Mallika's feet)

Mallika : (embracing Akshiti) My only worry is about you, my dear. Sending my only daughter to a far away unknown place. My only happiness is that you are now with a good guy like Meghnath. So you don't think too much about this old woman. (She wiped her eyes)

Akshiti received blessings of Mahesh and his wife as well. She then bid farewell and got into the car with Meghnath and family. They set out to his house..... Akshiti's new home!

******************************************************

She had dozzed off for a couple of hours in the car. Jay was the one who drove the car. When she woke up darkness had spread in the sky. She couldn't see anything except for the front road which was lightened up by the headlight of the car . ' Is his house situated in a lonely place? Did I do a foolish act by not enquiring about his place? No...Never...Wherever it is, I feel safe when I'm with Meghnath.' She thought.

Meghnath : Oh! You woke up!

His manly deep voice startled her. She turned to him.

Akshiti : This is a very lonely place, right.

Meghnath : It was my aunt's (father's sister) dream to buy a large land and to build a big house. When we got a beautiful land here we thought we would settle here.

Akshiti was not satisfied with his answer. But she didn't give it much thought.

They reached the house by 10.00 PM in the night. Jay went first and opened the large metal gate. Akshiti could see everything in the moonlight. 'Such a huge compound wall!' she thought. He came back and took the car into the compound. They got down from the car. The place was very large and in the middle there was a huge mansion.

Akshiti felt that something is not right about this place

Akshiti felt that something is not right about this place. 'Is it fine for the bride to visit the groom's house for first time in the night? Isn't it a bad omen?' She thought.
Leela opened the huge wooden door. It opened with a cracking sound. Some sort of bad odour came out of the house. Akshiti felt nauseated.
Leela went inside and switched on the light. There were many priceless things in the main hall. It had beautiful furniture, curtains, sculptures.. everything.

Leela : Achu....just take a look of your home...

Akshiti roamed around and saw a large room with a wooden door. When she kept her hands on the handle Jay's voice startled her.

 When she kept her hands on the handle Jay's voice startled her

Jay : Achu....you are not supposed to open that room now. It's the sacred room. Newly wed girls are only allowed into the sacred room after a lunar cycle. So please stay away from it for now. Today is Day 1 and you have 28 more days to go.

Akshiti came back to the hall. She felt as if the house was filled with negative energy. She went to sleep without having dinner as she was very tired.