I miss you Amma... - Day 2

Akshiti was in a deep sleep for a long time due to the tiredness. She woke up at around 8 'O' clock in the morning. She had a bath and went downstairs and saw the couple and Meghnath seated around a table. She went near them. Leela got up from the chair when she saw Akshiti.

Leela : (caressing her hair) Did you sleep well, child?

Akshiti : Yes, maa. I was so tired that I slept soundly.

Leela : Why your face looks dull?

Akshiti : (Looking down) I miss Amma. This is the first time I'm staying away from her. I feel like hearing her voice.

Leela : (Turning towards Meghnath) Buy a landphohe for Mallika Amma today itself

Leela : (Turning towards Meghnath) Buy a landphohe for Mallika Amma today itself. And buy a phone for Achu as well. (Caressing Akshiti) Don't worry dear.

Akshiti felt so happy. 'How kind of Ma'am she thought.

Meghnath went outside after sometime. Akshiti felt very lonely. Neither Jay nor Leela could be found in the house. 'Where are they!' she thought.

She went to the garden and started roaming there. 'Its so strange.....such a big house...such wealthy people...but they didn't hire any servants! May be because of their simplicity they didn't hire one. But isn't it a bit difficult to clean and maintain this large mansion. Whatever it may be! But I didnt even dream of living in such a big house. My poor Amma. How happy I would be if she also lived with me in this large home! She would be so happy thinking of her daughter's luck!' She thought as she caressed the flowers in the garden.

 How happy I would be if she also lived with me in this large home! She would be so happy thinking of her daughter's luck!' She thought as she caressed the flowers in the garden

*****************************************************

In the evening...

Meghnath returned home. He looked tired. Akshiti was waiting for Meghnath to tell about the landline. But he didn't say anything. He just sat in the couch relaxing his head on the headrest. Akshiti made a cup of coffee and gave it to Meghnath. He smiled to her in gratitude.

Akshiti : (Caressing his shoulders) Meghnath, what about the landline?

Meghnath : Oh! I bought a landline and krpt it in your house. But I enquired in the office about the connection they said there would be a little delay. I thought I will tell you about this when everything gets dort out.

Akshiti : I feel like talking to Amma. I miss her so much Meghnath.

Just then Jay arrived.

Jay : Don't worry dear. You'll talk to her soon.

Meghnath : And Achu, since I have a phone, I think there is no need of buying you a phone. Is that ok?

Akshiti nodded positively.

Jay : Achu.... aren't you going for job?

Akshiti : I resigned my job there. I thought I would join in some primary school here.

Jay : There is a school in this place. But we'll have to travel for some time. It's a little far away . So it will be difficult for you to go a
nd come. But if you are interested I'll enquire for you.

Akshiti : I would love to go Papa. I'll also come with you. We can enquire.

Jay : There is no need of you to get into difficulties dear. I'll go and come. They know me. They respect our family. Who would reject my daughter in law( he said with his head high up). Can you handover your certificates to me?
I'll show it to them. Since you are my child, they will hire you even without an interview.

Akshiti : But how's that possible... Isn't it a government school

Jay : No dear. It's a private school. A very prestigious one. Give me your certificates. I'll go there tomorrow itself.

Akshiti handed over her certificates to Jay.