𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

Drowning

Drowning.

Your oxygen levels drop so low that your organs begin to shut down. Did you know you don't start breathing in the water until the last moment? It's your body's survival instinct that tries to save you. It isn't until that last possible moment that you inhale the water that you finally shut down and die.

Blair always knew she was different from her peers. Which four-year-old grabs her older cousin's trigonometry homework and answers the questions without a hitch? Only a few, if any.

She felt different during her final years in med school, where some of her classmates were out partying, driving, and having sex. She was trying to figure out why the tampon her host-mom had bought her was so weirdly shaped.

Let's not even talk about the fact that she wasn't even of legal drinking age when she finished her residency at the top teaching hospital in the country. Not a lot of people trusted her with medical equipment back then, but she still beat people at a medical level that was way higher than hers.

This is why, at the age of 21, she was invited to a prestigious conference in Chicago. The cardiothoracic part of the event had just finished, and General was happening Saturday, which was the next day, with Neuro happening Mondays. She had been in her hotel bar for about 10 minutes and was getting bored by the minute. She could see the general surgery doctors speeding through to their rooms for a good night's sleep for their 7 am start tomorrow and the cardio doctors walking out of the hotel to catch their planes. Few neuro doctors were in since their day was in two days.

The scratch of the seat beside her snapped her from her musing, and her head shot to the side to eye the rave-headed man sitting beside her. He grimaced at the loud noise he had just made and whispered to himself, "Not a good start, man."

He seemed to sense her looking as his cheek dusted soft pink. When he fully caught her eye, she swore she was looking into the ocean with how deep the blue in his eyes was. He cleared his throat and raised his hand in an awkward wave. "Hi." He said.

She giggled at him and replied with a soft hey herself. He called the bartender, "Hey, can I get a single malt scotch and -" He looked over to her and her almost empty glass, "A martini."

The bartender looked her over and almost asked for her ID but seemed to hold his tongue as he walked away and to do his thing. "Sure thing."

"So what's your story?" The blue-eyed man asked, looking her over in her dark dress pants and silk white button down, all the way down to her white satin almond toe Manolo pumps.

"I don't have a story."

"No?" He raised an eyebrow.

She shook her head softly, golden curls bouncing, "No, I'm just a girl in a bar."

He smiled at her, his smile dazzling. "Well. I'm just a guy in a bar."

The following day, Blair woke up with a soft headache. Opening her eyes, she softly grunted. Why was the sun so bright so early?

A soft sight startled her, and she eyed the lump beside her. She couldn't quite see who it was as they were under the covers. She rolled her eyes at herself but simply got up and headed to her shower. After her 20-minute shower, she headed to the dresser before the bed, naked as​​ the day she was born. She seemed to forget the lump of blankets once lying next to her. Well, until it mumbled a sleepy, "Good morning."

She jumped a little at the noise but said, "Hey." She looked back, and holy cow. He's hot. His defined chest almost glistened, and with the way the sun was hitting his eyes, it was almost hypnotizing. His rumbled hair reminded her of how she gripped it the night before as he did filthy things to her body and she screamed and moaned. Her eyes returned to his face, and she almost blushed at the smirk the extremely attractive man had directed her way.

The blonde girl smiled seductively at him and said, "I don't think I got your name."

He smiled back at her, a glint in his eyes, "Derek."

She passed a hand through her hair, ignoring the fact that she was still naked, "Blair." she responded.

Derek flipped the sheets covering his own naked body and walked over to her. He smiled down at her 5'6 body and whispered seductively in her ear. "How about you scream my name this time instead of screaming to god?"

She smiled and walked away from him, saunting back to the right side of the bed and getting a condom out of the nightstand. "Deal."

Two days later, on Monday Morning, before Derek woke up, Blair finally left her hotel room without exchanging last names or phone numbers, not knowing she would see the handsome blue-eyed man again in just a couple of months.

---

I'm trying to write a new story, as well as update my old ones. How am I doing so far?

- AP.