𝑰. 𝑫𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

Richard Webber was panicking

Richard Webber was panicking. It was not an everyday look on him. Dr. Webber was usually calm and laid back; sometimes, something would happen that would get a rise out of him, and he would snap, but that was few and far between. One of the times he panicked was when he saw a married attending looking extremely tight with an intern he had helped raise. Richard, not the attending.

The last time he panicked was when his head of Cardio had been shot in his shoulder, making him useless for surgery. And instead of asking for more time, he had an intern do the procedures he should have been doing. So when Richard found out, he called one of his oldest friends and asked him to get the best cardiothoracic surgeon he could find quickly. That was a week ago. They were to arrive in exactly 30 minutes, and all he knew about them was that they were the best in the field. The board had been extremely hush-hush since he passed the hiring process to them, not trusting his own judgment.

Now, the Chief of Surgery was pacing up and down the hospital conference room as he waited for his heads of Department.

Plastic

Neuro

General

OB-GYN

Ortho

Pediatric

And the one he was more worried about being Cardio.

He hadn't exactly told his head of Cardio that his intern had come clean about her being the one doing the surgeries, and he was to step down from the position. He will give it to her, she was brilliant. She asked for as much protection as she could before spilling the beans.

Finally, after a few more seconds of pacing, the door opened, and his department heads stepped through.

Mark Sloan (Plastics), Derek Shepherd (Neuro), Sophia Cantu (General), Addison Mongomery (OB-GYN), Jeremy Specter (Ortho), Arizona Robbins (Pediatrics) and Preston Burke (Cardio)

Mark, Addison, and Derek tried to stay as far as possible from each other. Preston Burke made his way to the front and center, Jeremy and Sophia lingered in the back, and Arizona didn't wipe the ever-present smile from her face. He saw Dr. Bailey and her interns outside the room from the corner of his eyes, probably listening in. "You are all probably wondering why I called you here today."

"To name me your next chief, of course," Shepperd retorted smugly, shooting a smile Burke's way, who didn't even move his eyes to look the man's way. "No," Richard simply replied, making the attending slightly deflate.

"It has come to my attention that someone here has been using and letting interns do procedures by themselves," Richard said sternly. Mark's and Addison's eyes flittered over to Derek, who kept a calm face knowing he had not done such a thing with his current ex-girlfriend and intern. But Richard was not looking at Derek; he was actually staring right at Burke, and Burke was staring back.