PART 2

Chapter 6: A Pact Sealed in Shadows

Jungkook's disbelief hung heavy in the air, his gaze fixed on Namjoon with a mixture of confusion and incredulity. The unexpected turn of events had left him reeling, his mind a whirlwind of unanswered questions. His voice trembled with a mix of frustration and bewilderment as he sought clarity from Namjoon.

"I... I don't understand," Jungkook stammered, his brows furrowing in confusion. "Why are you asking me to marry Taehyung? And why this check?"

Namjoon's expression was stern, his gaze unwavering as he regarded Jungkook. The gravity of the situation was palpable, and his voice held an undercurrent of determination as he began to unveil the complex web of circumstances that had led to this moment.

Taking a deep breath, Namjoon recounted Eunwoo's revelations about Taehyung's unrequited love for Jungkook. He detailed the painful discovery of Jungkook's relationship status, a revelation that had shattered Taehyung's world. As Namjoon's words filled the air, the weight of Taehyung's emotional turmoil became all too clear, leaving Jungkook with a heavy heart.

Listening to Namjoon's account, Jungkook's gaze softened, his sympathy deepening as he grasped the depth of Taehyung's pain. The realization that his actions—or lack thereof—had unwittingly played a role in his suffering weighed heavily on him, his heart aching at the thought of Taehyung's heartbreak.

As Namjoon's words trailed off, an air of somber silence settled between them. Jungkook's voice was laced with regret as he finally spoke, his words a sincere admission of his own feelings. "I... I feel really bad for Taehyung, but... I can't marry him. I'm already in a relationship."

Namjoon's response was firm, his voice carrying a resolute tone as he revealed his own motivations. "Jungkook, I'm not here to ask for your permission. I'm here to inform you that you will marry Taehyung, no matter what. And if you refuse, well... let's just say I wouldn't want anything unfortunate to happen to your boyfriend, Jimin."

Jungkook's eyes widened in alarm, a surge of panic coursing through his veins at Namjoon's chilling implication. "No, please! Don't hurt Jimin," he pleaded, his voice tinged with desperation.

Namjoon's expression remained unyielding, his stance unwavering as he pressed his point. "I won't hurt him, Jungkook. But you need to understand the gravity of the situation. If you want to ensure his safety, you'll marry Taehyung."

Jungkook's heart raced, his mind a whirlwind of fear and uncertainty. The weight of Namjoon's threat bore down upon him, leaving him with little choice but to acquiesce.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he nodded, his voice barely above a whisper. "Okay, I'll do it."

Namjoon's gaze held a hint of satisfaction as he relayed the terms of their agreement. He assured Jungkook that he would provide him with the necessary details about the wedding, including the venue and time. The mention of a tuxedo arriving at Jungkook's house added a surreal layer of reality to the impending ordeal.

"You must come to the venue with a smile on your face," Namjoon instructed, his tone carrying a note of finality.

As Namjoon turned to leave, a heavy silence settled over the park. Jungkook's trembling form stood rooted to the spot, his emotions a maelstrom of turmoil. His voice, laden with the weight of his thoughts, broke the silence as he muttered to the retreating figure of Namjoon, "I'll never be able to love him."

Namjoon's departing words were a final assurance, his reply echoing through the air with a calculated certainty. "You don't have to love him. You just have to pretend to love him."

With that, Namjoon left, leaving Jungkook alone with his thoughts and the weight of an impossible situation.

As the sounds of the bustling city returned to the forefront of his consciousness, Jungkook's demeanor underwent a sudden transformation.