PART 4

Chapter 16: Shattered Illusions

A week had passed since the cruel charade involving Jungkook's supposed mother, leaving a chasm of silence between the couple that seemed impossible to bridge. Each day, the tension in the house grew, a palpable force that weighed down the atmosphere.

The passage of time had etched an even deeper chasm between Jungkook and Taehyung, each day marked by a suffocating silence that hung over their home like a heavy cloud. Their interactions had been reduced to mere glances, fleeting and devoid of any warmth.

In the midst of this frigid atmosphere, Taehyung found himself engulfed in a whirlwind of chores, his movements almost mechanical as he went about his daily routine. He yearned to avoid Jungkook's simmering hostility, retreating to his own space as soon as her tasks were done.

Jungkook, too, had chosen silence as his weapon of choice. He was lost in his thoughts, his mind consumed by a sinister plan that promised to inflict an even greater pain upon Taehyung.

In the midst of this stifling silence, a sudden wave of panic gripped Taehyung. It was late, much later than Jungkook's usual return time. Anxiety gnawed at him, urging him to reach out. His calls went unanswered, and with each ring, his worry deepened.

When the doorbell finally sounded, Taehyung's heart raced with a mixture of relief and apprehension. He rushed to the door, his pulse quickening as he anticipated Jungkook's return.

The sight that greeted him shattered his already fragile world. Jungkook stood at the threshold, intertwined with Jimin, their proximity a cruel testament to their closeness. Taehyung's voice faltered, his lips trembling as he struggled to comprehend the scene before him.

"Jungkook, what is happening?" Taehyung's voice wavered, his eyes flickering between the two figures. His words hung in the air, laden with uncertainty and a tinge of desperation.

Jungkook's gaze bore into Taehyung's, his grip on Jimin unyielding as they entered the house. Before Taehyung could fully process the situation, he felt Jungkook's forceful push, his disregard for Taehyung's feelings palpable.

Panic surged within Taehyung, his words tumbling out in a desperate plea. "Wait, Jungkook! What's going on? Why is he here?"

Jungkook's response was a barrage of cruel words that cut through Taehyung's fragile defenses. His declaration of love for Jimin and his intention to share an intimate moment with him reverberated within the room, leaving Taehyung stunned and vulnerable.

"Jungkook, no!" Taehyung's voice trembled, his eyes wide with disbelief. "You can't do this. This is our home. You can't bring him here!"

Jungkook's cold retort only fueled Taehyung's desperation. "Taehyung, I don't care about you or this marriage. I'm going to my room with Jimin. Get out of my way."

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes, his voice quivering as he refused to back down. "No, Jungkook! You can't just dismiss our marriage like this. I won't let you do this!"

As Jungkook and Jimin disappeared into the confines of his room, Taehyung's heartache intensified. He pounded on the door, fell on knees, still crying while being curled up on the floor.

As the door to his room slammed shut, Taehyung's world crumbled around him. He pounded on the door, his cries a piercing symphony of anguish and despair, "Jungkook, open the door! Please, don't do this! Jungkook!"

Outside the closed door, Taehyung's cries were a symphony of anguish. "No, Jungkook! Please, don't do this. Don't hurt me like this!"

Inside the room, Jungkook's façade began to crack. The sounds of Taehyung's suffering were a torment to his conscience, a reminder of the pain he was inflicting. Jimin held him close, their embrace offering a fleeting respite from the storm of emotions.