1-Invitation

You know when they say to enjoy your youth, that high school years will be the ones to determine your life, and friends from those years will be the ones to stick with you for the rest of your journey.

You'll lose sometimes and win too.

Some people decide to start a new chapter, that old version of them is gone, lost far away in their memory.

The second year of high school..here we go.

"EM!!!" A smile decorated my lips when the girl jumped on me, locking me into a bear hug, I turned hugging her back "Hello my sweet little KitKat" She slapped me on the head for that joke "How many times did I have to tell you to STOP USING THAT!!" She huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Alright alright, did you see the others?" I typed on my phone, looking for their numbers "They aren't picking up? That's tiring.." "You don't get to talk"

This is one of my friends, Kate Williams. Whining how our friends don't pick up while she uses her phone for everything but calling and texting. She can give you a heart attack after not picking up like 10 calls.

"You're unusually early" a new voice spoke, gum between her lips as usual making a bubble with them, handing me three before I could ask "Nice to see you Lex" I chuckled as Kate and her began throwing insults at each other..as always.

This one is Lexi Garcia.

"Can you two stop?" And here comes the group mom, Sage Abbas, her hijab tightly wrapped around her head, covering it beautifully, she wore a green one to match her shoes and bag. "Saaage~" I wrapped my arms around her, and she gently patted my back in a comforting way.

"Alright let's go get our classes, hopefully we get a few together" Sage dragged me with her, while the other two followed behind, Lexi as always making sure to check every individual, ready to comment on any change on them, while Kate was focused on a game on her phone...

The first class was English, on a Monday morning too. Great...

"Morning" As I stepped in, I recognized some people, some greeted back others were too into their conversation or asleep, a girl waved at me and tapped the empty seat next to her which I happily agreed to.

After I sat down, a group slowly formed around my table, don't get me wrong I wasn't popular or anything I just knew a lot of people thanks to my first year. Yet it was hard to breathe with this many people suffocating you.

I didn't even remember half of these people's names.

"Woah, who's taking up all the ladies?" A whistle followed by a male voice caught the attention, making heads turn to him, the space around began to clear up as some girls either moved away or ran up to him "Shii~ I get it now" the boy grinned, little dimples showing at his cheeks with a quick wink to finish the look, he was tall, like really really tall, he probably plays basketball with that height and it was one of the many highlights other than his handsome face, he took a seat behind me, but I was more glad I finally got to breathe.

Class started, and the teacher was going over names and introducing the program and all, which made the gum in my mouth more interesting. "Do you have another one?" He spoke again tapping my shoulder to get my attention, his voice in my ear which I nodded, handing him the second gum I had from Lexi. "I'm Ace" a pop came after his name "Emma Anderson" I answered, sneaking my head behind my head to handshake his.

"Wait.." I whipped my head "Ace?? Like The Ace" He raised an eyebrow yet a proud smirk decorated his lips, "The Portugas D Ace" His jaw dropped in disappointment making me chuckle, "Ace Rios actually" Ace corrected me, seemingly it seemed he understood my joke.

And finally, the bell rang, and my bag was already on the desk ready to be swung as I ran out of there.

"Wait!" But someone grabbed my shoulder, I turned to find Ace, a small annoyed look on his face "I have a friend who I think will get along with you, Meet me at the volleyball course at 5" he explained, bored tone yet eyes fixed on me "suuure?" I tilted my head confused but eventually agreed "Anything to get him to shut up about that anime.." he mumbled quickly and walked off "See ya!" And his figure disappeared.

"YOU MET WHO?!!" A harsh slap slammed on the table, almost throwing the food off as I grabbed my plate to keep it steady "Sit. down" Lexi pushed Maisy to the table, "She talked with ACE RIOS!!" Maisy Peters finally showed up during lunchtime, and I told my group about the little encounter "Well it doesn't hurt to meet new people" Sage shrugged as she took a sip off her fourth coffee "Who even drinks coffee at lunch" Kate commented.

"I mean, why her?" Maisy tried to mumble but we all heard her clearly, causing us all to look at her with raised eyebrows "I-" "I think that would be for Ace to decide, none of our business" Kate spoke again, looking back to her phone that she tapped on aggressively. "Besides, maybe it's because of my joke" I shrugged, playing with the mashed potatoes on my plate, I'm never eating cafeteria food again...

"That.. that's-" my friend shamelessly pulled my arm rocking my body back and forth, "yes Maisy, that's the volleyball team" I rolled my eyes playfully, but I don't blame her, watching the volleyball team was worth every second and minute.

I knew most of the players and instantly recognized Ace in the crowd, he was in last year's team, along with a few other members I also noticed. They were the highlight of last year's competitions but sadly didn't make it to finals. Since they were starting this early, I'm assuming they are aiming to win it this year.

"Who are we?!!" The coach gathered his team in a circle "Monarchs!!!" And they yelled out, motivation and excitement in their voices. "Alright, we'll begin practice in two weeks, I want each of you to bring me his schedule so we can agree on our meeting times" the coach ordered as the boys nodded and scattered away.

"Looking forward to this year"

"See you guys"

"Oh! Look at these chicks, I didn't notice them" a guy pointed us out, Maisy's grab on my arm tightened "Who are you?" Another guy with glasses walked up to us, wearing glasses in volleyball. "Are you afraid you'll break them?" I couldn't help but ask but he crossed his arms, my question fell on deaf ears as he ignored it.

"I invited her, Adrian"