..fifteen..

"If you keep acting so sweet, I might just wake up and leave."

"And the worst part is, I kinda cursed at my dad..."

Miles winced at y/n's laughter through the receiver of his phone. He leaned back on his bed with a huff as she continued to laugh. He propped his phone up on the pillow of his childhood bed, watching her organize things in her dorm.

"Its okay Miles, you and your parents bump heads all the time, you'll bounce back." She said.
"Are we still picking up the cake for the party?"

"Yeah, yeah, 4 o'clock." He mumbled, looking up at the ceiling.

"I bought two for—" He cut himself off, his spidey senses tingling.

Things around the room began to shake, boxes toppling from their shelves and pencils skipping across tables.

"Miles?... Miles what is that??"

Miles squinted at the rumbling, y/n's voice falling on deaf ears as the phone slid off the bed a clattered face down onto the floor.

He sat up a bit, peering up with wide eyes as a portal materialized just above his head, and Gwen Stacy peeked out from the glitch.

"Miles..." She smirked, staring down into the opening with her hands on her hips.
"Got a minute?"

"Woah!" Miles mumbled, scooting back so Gwen could jump onto his bed.

"How-How did you-" Gwen pulled him into a tight hug.

"...How have you been?" He asked softly.

"Uh, Ive been good-" She said, pulling back.
"Yeah, Ive been...just great!"

"Look at you! You grew huh? Had a little growth spurt-"

Y/n listened as close as she could from her side of the phone.

That voice is so familiar....but it cant be...right?

"Wanna get outta here?" Gwen asked, sitting on the window seal.

"Im.....grounded." Miles sighed.

"Bummer." Gwen leaned back, falling out of the window. Miles scrambled to the window, looking down quickly and seeing Gwen standing on the side with her mask on.

"Is spiderman grounded...?"

Miles thought for a moment, before running back into his room and grabbing his suit. He pulled it on quickly, running towards the window. Then suddenly he froze, back tracking a bit and picking up his phone.

"Igottagobabeseeyoulateriloveyoubye-!"
His gloved hand clicked the red button before y/n could even reply.

The whole situation left her with a sick feeling in her stomach, especially after she happened to look out the window in her physics class and she caught a glimpse of Spider man and Ghost spider swinging, together.

_____

Y/n counted down the minutes as she waited outside the bakery. It was currently 4:19, Miles agreed to meet her at 4.

She tried calling his phone, no answer, she texted him four times, still no answer. With a huff, y/n began walking down the road to the subway.

She was quiet and still on the ride to the Morales' building. On the way she would pass by the stop by her own house, the stop by Aaron's place, and the stop near where May used to live.

The city felt quieter after she moved, it was just y/n and her mom now.

Once the train finally stopped where she needed it to, Y/n walked down the block to the correct apartment. She decided to take the fire escape, the stairs not even making a dent in her super human stamina.

When she got to the top, she smiled at the party, there were friends and family everywhere.

She carefully carried the cakes to the food table, bumping into Sra.Morales in the process.

"Y/n! Is Miles with you?" she held y/n's head in her hands.

"No ma'am. I haven't seen him since this morning." She said, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Oh no... what did my son do this time?" She asked, sandwiching one of y/n's hands between her own.

"Nothing." She said, "At least I hope nothing."

Suddenly the hallway entrance door opened, Miles emerging and mixing with the party crowd.

"Miles!" Rio whisper-yelled as she and Jeff approached him.

Y/n stayed near the snack table, listening as Miles and his parents argued. There was a moment where it seemed as if he was going to tell them his secret, but he backed out at the last minute.

The altercation ended with Jeff yelling different intervals of grounded-ness after Miles as he walked across the roof.

Y/n followed after him, catching up as he reached the emptier side of the space.

"You okay?" She asked, struggling to keep up with his stride.

"Yeah." He huffed, walking up to the railing and leaning against it. Y/n leaned against the railing next to him.

"Where've you been all day?" She asked, looking over at him.

"What? Are you my parent now too?" Y/n blinked, recoiling at the attitude.

"No... Im your partner, Im the only person here who really understands what you're going through... which is why you usually tell me these sort of things." Y/n replied softly.

"Is there something you want to talk about..?"

Miles was quiet.

"I talked to someone else about it."

"You talked to Gwen about it?" Miles was quiet again.

Why didn't they come see me? Why couldn't I know she was here? Gwen is my friend too...

"She understands."

"And I dont?" Y/n asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"It's different."
"You just don't understand." Miles sighed.

Y/n backed away from the railing.
"No actually, I think you're the only one that doesn't understand."

She turned on her heel, striding to the bathroom before the tears began to fall.