Chapter 3

"What?" "You heard me. I'm here to offer you a second chance. Not at this life, but at happiness. A chance to bring back a number of people that are important to you and your life, people that you have spent many years wishing to bring back from the dead. Do you wish to take this opportunity?"

Peter was at a loss for words. What is anyone supposed to say in this scenario? Thanks, but no thanks? Sure? Absolutely? Hell no? What is HE supposed to say?!

Truth be told, there is no right answer, just saying what you think you should and hoping that it's either the right thing to say or that it works out in the end.

Not a problem right?

Except that he not doesn't know what he should say, or what he even thinks will work out in the end.

Does anyone really?

"You can't be serious right?" "I am very serious." "You mean to tell me that you grabbed the attention of the Sorcerer Supreme, the most powerful trained Master of the Mystic Arts, just because you want me to resurrect the dead?" "When you put it that simply it does sound less substantial and important than what both the current situation and question itself entail for you and the way in which the remainder of your mortal life shall progress going forward." "What else am I suppose to do?!" "Answer the question." "How?!" "In any way you see fit. I am asking you after all."

Well that didn't really do much to clear things up for our arachnid hero now, did it? The most powerful being in all of existence, just told him that he could bring back people from the dead, with little elaboration and is basically just wanting around for his answer.

What is he supposed to do now, keep asking the primordial being that stands in front of him more and more questions so that he can understand what he's being asked better, or just wing it and give the first response that comes to his head?

"...How many people can I bring back?"

Going with the first option then.

"You are allowed to resurrect 10 people. I felt that it would be suitable number."

Well that's definitely good to know.

"...What if I don't want to answer that right now?" "Then you don't have to, take time to think your decision over and summon me when you have an answer." "Summon you? How do I do that?" You need only to say that you are ready and you will find me there no soon than you have finished uttering the last word."

With that, the being responsible for all of creation, The One Above All, vanishes from the sight of not only Peter Parker, but also of any and all beings who sensed the God, which leaves Peter with only one thought.

What now?

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER, BUT I HAD TO WRITE MY PRELIMINARY EXAMS AND HAVE FINALS NOT TOO LONG FROM NOW. ALL THAT ON TOP OF EXTRA CLASSES BEING HELD ALMOST EVERY DAY AND I AM JUST ABSOLUTELY SWAMPED, WITH ALMOST NO TIME LEFT TO MYSELF RECENTLY.

I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN, BUT I WOULDN'T HOLD OUT FOR 3 CHAPTERS A DAY OR 1 CHAPTER EVERY WEEK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. PLEASE CONTINUE TO REMAIN AS PATIENT AS ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN WITH ME SO FAR.

AND YES, I AM AWARE OF WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING IN THE SPIDER-MAN COMICS SINCE THE LAST TIME I'VE UPDATED, BUT I'M JUST GONNA IGNORE THAT. I THINK THAT WE'D ALL LIKE THAT, WOULDN'T WE?

ALSO, HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT THE CHANGE IN WRITING STYLE? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE IT AND HOW YOU GUYS THINK I CAN IMPROVE IT FURTHER.

ANYWAY, ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR DAY, STAY HEALTHY AND STAY SAFE.