2

Mister Bang was an amiable man. He spoke of Wolford and his family throughout the whole ride to his town. Felix listened intently the entirety of the time, genuinely fascinated by his stories of the place. There wasn't a bad thing to say according to him. Although, he did mention that some of the principles around the town were most peculiar to those who had never been. When Felix asked him what he meant, Mister Bang disrupted the topic by pointing to a sign hanging down over the entrance of the town.

Felix's eyes widened as he took in the astounding architecture around. The hooves of their horses turned up dirt as they made their way passed the sign. Ladies and Men were following the paths beside the line of stores. More people than he'd ever seen even on a crowded Sunday in Norbury. Everyone seemed entirely delighted to be there even under the blistering sun that had begun to peek out from behind fluffy white clouds.

Felix had never seen anything like it. Not one person had a frown on their face. It was a place of utmost joy. He found himself unable to contain a grin of his own. Although, it did falter when he saw an unusual sight. Two men holding hands. Another thing he hadn't ever caught a glimpse of in his lifetime. It was odd to see a man touch another man beyond anything but a firm grasp on the shoulder. To see something so affectionate was bewildering.

He had only a moment to stare before they were gone and Mister Bang was leading him through the rest of the town. Many minutes later they dismounted their steeds in front of a house just outside the bustling crowd of people and stores. Upon their arrival, two children sprinted from the stone two-story house that had Felix thoroughly dumbfounded. His small cottage back on the outskirts of Norbury held nothing in comparison to the beautifully constructed home belonging to Mister Bang. He'd never seen something so impressive.

"Daddy!"

Felix's eyes fell on the two children tackling Mister Bang. One girl with long blonde hair tied in a miraculously done braid, and another, a boy with curly brown hair to match his father's. Mister Bang grabbed his daughter by the waist and hoisted her up into his arms with a hearty laugh as she pressed a sweet kiss on his cheek. Two others descended the steps of the home not long after. A woman with golden hair and a cotton dress fit nicely to her youthful body. Next to her was another boy, though much older than Mister Bang's son.

Felix assumed him to be a helper around the house, as he looked nothing like Mister Bang or his wife. "Who is this, dear?"

Mister Bang shuffled his way over to his wife with a grin. Their lips met in a sweet greeting and Felix softened at the gesture. Oh to be kissed beneath sun rays. "This is Felix. He quite frankly saved my life. I've offered him to stay with us for a few months to introduce him to Wolford."

"It was hardly something to be called a savior for. He only sprained his wrist, Ma'am," Felix refuted with a shy smile.

Mister Bang's wife shook her head with a gentle sigh and hooked her arm around her husband's. "He's a mess. Always has been one to dramatize the little things."

The elder man pursed his lips. He kept quiet despite his obvious displeasure with the statement. "Anywho, Felix, these are my children, Elizabeth and Jeongin. My wife, Anna. The boy on the steps is Seungmin, a helper here at the house. He'll help you settle. I hope you don't mind sharing a room."

Felix's eyes moved over to Seungmin. The boy had tan skin like his own and his caramel hair shined with natural golden strands because of the sun. Felix's smile widened. "Not at all. I'd be thrilled," he said. Mister Bang shooed his children into the house with his wife, then followed them in after making sure the two boys could handle Felix's luggage. It was light. Barely anything at all. Charming, too, was led to the stable by one of Mister Bang's other hands.