8

Felix watched Seungmin speed down the road toward the stables in impatience. He was going to see Hyunjin. Their wedding was tomorrow. Felix couldn't believe it'd already been two months since he arrived in Wolford. He had a month to find Midnight, otherwise, he'd be engaged to Jisung as promised. He kept trying to think of who it could be but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't come up with someone who fit Midnight's description.

Perhaps that wasn't entirely true. He did have one person in mind. He refused to think about it longer than a second. There was no way Seo Changbin was the charming guy from the terrace. They had similarities. Midnight said he wasn't very well-liked in Wolford, and the same was for Changbin. Felix was comfortable beside them, even if Changbin was an annoyance. Even so, he refused to believe Changbin was Midnight.

His eyes set themselves on a coach that was approaching the Bang house. Felix stared curiously at it. Maybe it was Jisung. The second it came to a halt, the door popped open and a girl with long brown hair and a face of freckles stepped out. Felix's face broke out into a smile.

"Rachael!" he exclaimed. He ran over and tackled her in a hug.

She gave a surprised laugh and wrapped her arms tightly around her brother. "Felix, how are you?"

The said man pulled away enough to see her face. Rachael grabbed his face lightly and checked for any injuries. "I'm wonderful now that you're here. You always come at the perfect times," he said, hugging her tighter. He missed her so much. He missed all of them.

Rachael stroked his head with a sweet hum. "I missed you."

Felix helped grab her bag. It wasn't too big. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Your friend invited me to his wedding. He wanted to surprise you. I'm only staying for two days. I'll leave the morning after the ceremony."

Felix's lips fell into a pout. He had so much to show her. He couldn't possibly do it in a single day. "I'll help you to your room. Mister Bang and his family are out at the beach. Seungmin's preparing for the wedding. It'll just be us for a few hours."

Rachael chuckled at his excitement and followed him into the house. It didn't take her long to settle in and when she finished she found herself at the kitchen table with Felix. "There's so much to talk about. How are Olivia and Ma? What about you and your husband?" he grabbed her hand with a happy squeeze.

"All's well, I assure you. Almost nothing has changed except my status," she told him with a fond smile. He missed those looks. One only a sister could give him. "How about you? Your letters are lackluster. There must be something more going on that you aren't telling me about. You always hold back the important details!"

Felix rolled his eyes playfully. "A few things. I didn't know how to mention them."

Rachael fixed herself into a better posture and grabbed his hand back. "Spill. I want to know everything," she insisted.

Felix's smile wavered nervously. How would she take the change? "Well, I have someone after my hand," he whispered. Rachael tilted her head. She didn't understand. "In Wolford, same-gender couples are much more welcomed. There's a Lord. He says he fell in love at first sight."

Rachael took a second to process it. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "And how do you feel?" she asked

"He's too perfect for me. But there is this one man I met. I don't know his name or face. We met at a masquerade ball. I'm certain I'm in love with him. As absurd as it sounds."

"You have surely gotten your adventure, haven't you?"

"That's not even the extent of it!" Felix exclaimed. He leaned back in his chair and tugged his hands away from Rachael's. "I've even made an enemy. His name is Changbin. He's a despicable guy, truly. I've never disliked someone so much in my life. Every time I look at him there's this sprouting irritation inside my chest. I want to punch him. "